IGNORED

Movie Cart

rbairos

12 hours ago, rbairos said:

With many many thanks to this community I am *finally* ready to put MovieCart up for sale to the general public.

Great job and congratulations!  Never could I ever have imagined that an Atari 2600 could play movies or TV shows through its cartridge port.  What fun this will be!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 5x7 said:

Out of stock… darn

Sold out much quicker than I had anticipated.
But Im already taking steps to get the next batch ready.
Sorry bout that.

• Thanks 2

Man, I missed the announcement in the thread but was out running errands when I got the waitlist email. By the time I could pull over and park and try and order they were GONE.

I am having flashbacks of when the pre-release Concerto was released. 😉

So sales went well last night, but Tindie decided to flag the store for suspicious activity, so even though it sold out, I only got shipping information for the first 2 sales.
Adding insult to injury this morning, the product has been taken down for 'administrative approval', which means all those people who were notified via email that there was stock, are met with a missing page, so who knows if they're still on the waiting list when I put more up.  So I may have lost lots of potential sales.

The crazy thing is they did this Friday night and don't offer support until Monday morning.
Ug.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rbairos said:

So sales went well last night, but Tindie decided to flag the store for suspicious activity, so even though it sold out, I only got shipping information for the first 2 sales.
Adding insult to injury this morning, the product has been taken down for 'administrative approval', which means all those people who were notified via email that there was stock, are met with a missing page, so who knows if they're still on the waiting list when I put more up.  So I may have lost lots of potential sales.

The crazy thing is they did this Friday night and don't offer support until Monday morning.
Ug.

If people are anything like I am, I immediately put myself back on the waiting list for the next batch.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rbairos said:

Sorry to hear that.  This is what happens when you offer the ultimate nerd toy on the market.  ;-)

I started ordering right when they went live, and the site was fighting me every step, just selecting country, country code, etc was wonky (using my phone).  I finally got it to go through.  PayPal went through successfully.  Tindie sent me an email saying it may take up to 2 days for the payment provider to authorize the charge, and they will send me a second confirmation email when it does.

18 minutes ago, littaum said:

If people are anything like I am, I immediately put myself back on the waiting list for the next batch.  

Thanks for the support, but the problem is there is no waiting list as the entire product page is no longer publicly visible as of this morning. 

My worst fear is they will reactivate it in a couple days when they're back from weekending with a new empty waitlist. 

That would be a very big problem as that list was grown from all the tech articles the last two months and can't be rebuilt. 

20 hours ago, MattelAquarius said:

Sorry to hear that.  This is what happens when you offer the ultimate nerd toy on the market.  ;-)

I started ordering right when they went live, and the site was fighting me every step, just selecting country, country code, etc was wonky (using my phone).  I finally got it to go through.  PayPal went through successfully.  Tindie sent me an email saying it may take up to 2 days for the payment provider to authorize the charge, and they will send me a second confirmation email when it does.

I only got two shipping addresses as well before their systems shut it all down. Pm me your city and I can tell you if you're one of the two lucky ones.

EDIT:  I got all the shippping addresses all sent from Tindie, after the straigtened everything out.

Oh Thank God Mattel Aquarius, I thought I was the only one fighting Tindie ordering process every step of the way!  They weren't happy with just about every piece of data I put in and had to hand craft every single piece of info until they accepted it.  This meant hitting the back button a few times, then that data was lost and had to be re-entered,  then test the next piece of info and repeat until 20 min later, the order finally went through.  The whole time I was thinking, well thats it, others beat me to this and I'll be on the waiting list another three rounds.

I originally wasn't going to bitch because the order went through. For those of you who had the same experience, speak up and let rbarios know.  Maybe he will switch to a more user friendly platform.  Sad when the seller AND buyers were having major issues on each end...

• Like 1

Got my confirmation as well. I'll PM you my address. 

So sorry you're the victim of super enthusiastic customers. I'm hopeful when your site is back up it will not have lost any order or waiting list data. 🤞

So good news, someone from Tindie actually called me just now, and apologized and explained the situation.

They're working on fixing it right now, so we should all be back on track again.
Looks like the the page is back up, and the waiting list intact!
Yaaaay !!

After these first batch, Im hoping to keep putting out a batch every week, until people are sick of me ;)

Thanks to Tindie for fixing the issue, in spite of my online grouchiness.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, rbairos said:

Ug.

I got my order in.  I had problems using Tindie's checkout, but I attribute it to my security settings in Chrome; I switched over to Firefox and got my payment in.  Then I got an email saying it would take 1-2 days to confirm the payment, and then I would receive an order confirmation email.  I got the confirmation email today.

I sent a message to you via Tindie's Contact Store feature, to make sure you got my mailing address.  Sorry to hear that this was so problem-ridden for you. I hope the wait list and shipping info can be restored by Tindie without too much difficulty.

15 hours ago, cvga said:

I received an email from Tindie yesterday saying it was processing my order and another today with my receipt. Does that mean that I'm good?

Yah, they called me up yesterday morning then all the sales + shipping info went through and the waiting list was fully intact!

• Like 1