IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

10 hours ago, chris_greece said:

unfortunately with the new update i can’t play battlemorph..with the previous version i could..i will try to install the rom again..

It varies, sometimes I need to boot it 10 times to get it to run, other times it runs first time. Having multiple copies on the same memory card and running different versions also seems to change behaviour.

This is one area I want to figure out. The Jag is missing an interrupt and I really don’t know why.

• Thanks 1

Removing things from your sd card causes gaps in the file system. When you have gaps in the file system, new files added then often get written in multiple pieces on the file system instead of one large piece. The JagGD needs a cd image to be written altogether in one large piece, not in multiple parts. When a cd image is written in multiple parts, this is the error you get. 

To fix it, copy everything off the card, make sure the card is completely empty, then copy everything back on the card all at once. All the individual cd files should be written correctly then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SainT, this is awesome.  I'm not terribly computer savvy, but it was pretty easy to get this update running with all games working.  And what a dream that is - Memory Track support, all cartridge and CD games working well.  Thank you so much for all the hours you've poured into this.  I'm going to have a blast digging into the CD library for the first time in decades.  And I've never put much time into Battlemorph, World Tour Racing, or Hover Strike U.L.  Now I'm about to change that.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, and a gift to the Jag community.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2024 at 8:52 AM, SainT said:

It varies, sometimes I need to boot it 10 times to get it to run, other times it runs first time. Having multiple copies on the same memory card and running different versions also seems to change behaviour.

This is one area I want to figure out. The Jag is missing an interrupt and I really don’t know why.

I've experienced something similar. If I try to run Battlemorph from the HTGB Gamepack it never runs (even if tried multiple times). But I also have a JCD I created from the Reboot pack in a separate folder that will boot.

Strange thing is, if run the Reboot version first, then shutdown the Jag and then try to run the HTGB version it will work. Maybe there is something that remains resident in the memory of the GD or Jag?

7 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

SainT, this is awesome.  I'm not terribly computer savvy, but it was pretty easy to get this update running with all games working.  And what a dream that is - Memory Track support, all cartridge and CD games working well.  Thank you so much for all the hours you've poured into this.  I'm going to have a blast digging into the CD library for the first time in decades.  And I've never put much time into Battlemorph, World Tour Racing, or Hover Strike U.L.  Now I'm about to change that.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, and a gift to the Jag community.

Fantastic! I'm really pleased to hear this last update has been generally successful for everyone. 😄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, catmando said:

I've experienced something similar. If I try to run Battlemorph from the HTGB Gamepack it never runs (even if tried multiple times). But I also have a JCD I created from the Reboot pack in a separate folder that will boot.

Strange thing is, if run the Reboot version first, then shutdown the Jag and then try to run the HTGB version it will work. Maybe there is something that remains resident in the memory of the GD or Jag?

It's nothing to do with memory contents as far as I am aware, in the case of Battlemorph the Jaguar is missing an interrupt from the JagGD which then causes it to just wait forever. I don't know why this is happening (I'll continue to look into it, as it's really annoying me!), but as soon as it starts booting it seems to be pretty stable. So it really is strange. The only thing I can think is tiny timing changes when accessing different versions on the memory card is somehow allowing the interrupt to register. It really does make no sense!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 8:32 AM, SainT said:

If you have a cart which has the QR update system, you have to use it. There's about 200-ish JagGD carts in existence which don't have it, so of the active user base it's very few.

I don't like posting the link for the older carts publicly as everyone with the new carts then downloads it and asks why it doesn't work.

Hi @SainT I guess I am one of the 200 as I don't see option for QR code.  If I press 7 or 9 I can get a memory test to run.  Pressing 0 shows firmware version.  But no menu options for QR code unless I am missing something obvious

The ‘press OPTION’ text comes up as you’re booting the console under the RetroHQ logo. If you bought the cart directly from me many years back it may be one of the early ones.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SainT said:

The ‘press OPTION’ text comes up as you’re booting the console under the RetroHQ logo. If you bought the cart directly from me many years back it may be one of the early ones.

Yes, that is what I was missing! I use the jag2hd and it takes a few seconds for my monitor to detect the hdmi signal and turn on, and by time the screen is visible the GD menu is already shown.   Pressing option repeatedly after powering the Jag did the trick, I can see the QR code by time the monitor powers up.

Thanks again for this awesome device and your continued support!

• Like 2