IGNORED

BBS Doors - 8-bit and ST

Bikerbob

Here is FoReM ST 2.5.1c, with updated text files and a changelog for 2.4 to 2.4.1. If i find a newer changelog i'll post it.

If you try running this version and it bombs on you, move CROSSBBS.DAT to any offshoot folder, as long as its not in root. I guess its not formatted correctly for this newer version. I haven't really looked into it.

Forem ST v2.5.1c.zip

Edited by Triads

10 hours ago, Triads said:

Here is FoReM ST 2.5.1c, with updated text files and a changelog for 2.4 to 2.4.1. If i find a newer changelog i'll post it.

If you try running this version and it bombs on you, move CROSSBBS.DAT to any offshoot folder, as long as its not in root. I guess its not formatted correctly for this newer version. I haven't really looked into it.

Forem ST v2.5.1c.zip 27.47 kB · 0 downloads

Did you ever open that Triads? 27.47k  - well I just did.. nothing in it but a few txt files. 

I assume you did not make the .msa  OH well.

James

8 minutes ago, Triads said:

Well mistakes happen.. You needed that download anyway

Forem ST v2.51c-.zip 88.34 kB · 0 downloads

ok, so this one has an executable in it. OK.. some experimentation will be required. Still good to have. The txt files only describe up to 2.4.1  something.. so there is a jump.. and I assume this main forem.tos just drops into an install. as I said.. some experimentation will be needed :)

On 4/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, Tillek said:

Well, in some cases it might be that they got rid of everything, or it got lost in the sands of time.  If you ask me about some of the software stuff I did 20-30 years ago... hell.. I barely remember what I had for dinner last night.

Often even things at work that I worked on a year ago, I might have to go back and look at it to answer someone's question (I had to actually do this many times with one of my projects at the last job since the mobile team didn't implement the feature until a year later so they were constantly asking questions and I was constantly going back to the source to try to remember the answer).

Now you take that and add a few decades, on a computer you don't own anymore, with source that is long gone... and now you're busy with life and career... I can see how they'd not have the time.  Also, it wouldn't be likely just one person... I'm sure they get approached often about it (or may have/would have before putting something out there saying "please don't").

Natural disasters can also be the reason. For example, Tom McComb of @ircular Logic (which created a lot of great games for BBS Express Pro!) lost all his source code, computers, software, etc. to a flood caused by Hurricane Sandy.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

• 9 months later...

Still trying to find stuff for this..  if anyone is following. The 2.5.1c is great, as the last version I can find, would love to know what is different from 2.2 or 2.3, but nothing with it.

WHAT about a manual?? anyone? for FoReM or Turbo?