IGNORED

Has the STacy and Mega STe gone way up in value?

Zap!

1 hour ago, sideburn said:

I think they are good except for the displays but I have NOS displays... so sounds like a few hours work. I feel like i need to save them but i also feel like an idiot spending ANOTHER $1000.00 for two more after I just spend too much on a working one already! haha

I'd love to see a list of your computers. I have a funny feeling that your collection destroys mine haha!

25 minutes ago, Zap! said:

I'd love to see a list of your computers. I have a funny feeling that your collection destroys mine haha!

it's getting out of hand.. people keep giving me their old broken stuff and then i waste all my time fixing them. lol. i need more rooms...

off the top of my head:

• Atari 800XL NIB (but i use it, not sealed)

• Atari 130XE NIB (but i use it, not sealed)

• Atari 1050 in box

• Atari 520ST - I've had this one since I was a kid a co-worker helped me mod it to boot up as a Macintosh also had a custom made IDE drive for it that's long lost.. When I get  the STacy I willl get this out and asses its condition.. I cant remember how the rom and drive mods were done but i bet the rom mod is still intact.

• Commodore SX64

• Commodore Amiga 1000 + Monitor (no keyboard yet)

• Commodore Amiga 2000 Video Toaster + monitor & keyboard (all labels say Video Toaster so must be a turn key setup from NewTek)

• Macintosh 512 w/ original Apple Tote bag

• Macintosh Plus w/ original Apple Tote bag

• Mac G4 Cube - thinking of selling this and maybe the Amiga 1000 to pay for my overpriced STacy lol!

• Bunch old '90's Apple Powerbooks, and early 2000's G4's G3's etc.. 

Other vintage electronic stuff:

Vectrex x2 + bunch of carts and rare tote bag

Bunch o Nintendo Game and watches

Bunch of Old handlhelds LED and VFD games (Mattel, Entex, Tomy etc)

Bunch of consoles (NES, SNES, PS1, etc)

Nelson game watches, Pulsar LED watches etc...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkLord said:

At the least, if you don't want them - make sure somebody else gets a chance

and they don't wind up in a garbage bin somewhere...  :(

Ah no the idea would be to buy them both.. fix them and sell them and make a little extra to offset the price i payed for mine.

I paid $1200 for mine (+ tax and shipping) It does have the original power supply and its it full working order (I hope.. it will be here sunday), and then after I bought it I came across two NON WORKING ones a Stacy 1 and a Stacy 2 and two NOS LCD displays. So.. I could buy all that for about the same after shipping... probably around $1200... and then fix them (which could take many hours of my time) and sell them for $1,000 each I suppose.... and that would offset what I paid for mine..

But maybe its all too much hassle, but then again it will save them and get them in a new home...

I dunno if its worth it or not.. and i feel like im being a little retro crazy spending all this money haha

1 hour ago, sideburn said:

it's getting out of hand.. people keep giving me their old broken stuff and then i waste all my time fixing them. lol. i need more rooms...

off the top of my head:

• Atari 800XL NIB (but i use it, not sealed)

• Atari 130XE NIB (but i use it, not sealed)

• Atari 1050 in box

• Atari 520ST - I've had this one since I was a kid a co-worker helped me mod it to boot up as a Macintosh also had a custom made IDE drive for it that's long lost.. When I get  the STacy I willl get this out and asses its condition.. I cant remember how the rom and drive mods were done but i bet the rom mod is still intact.

• Commodore SX64

• Commodore Amiga 1000 + Monitor (no keyboard yet)

• Commodore Amiga 2000 Video Toaster + monitor & keyboard (all labels say Video Toaster so must be a turn key setup from NewTek)

• Macintosh 512 w/ original Apple Tote bag

• Macintosh Plus w/ original Apple Tote bag

• Mac G4 Cube - thinking of selling this and maybe the Amiga 1000 to pay for my overpriced STacy lol!

• Bunch old '90's Apple Powerbooks, and early 2000's G4's G3's etc.. 

Other vintage electronic stuff:

Vectrex x2 + bunch of carts and rare tote bag

Bunch o Nintendo Game and watches

Bunch of Old handlhelds LED and VFD games (Mattel, Entex, Tomy etc)

Bunch of consoles (NES, SNES, PS1, etc)

Nelson game watches, Pulsar LED watches etc...

Nice list! Love the Atari's! And soon to be updated with your STacy 2 lol! I have too many consoles to list, including a Vectrex and even an Adventurevision. Here's my computer list though, with a very rare Commodore Vic 20 SMPL coming tomorrow:

1) Atari XEGS (In box, and first computer ever!)
2) Atari 800XL
3) Atari 1040STe (First 16-bit computer; published Zap! newsletter on this)
4) Atari Mega STe (in box)
5) Atari STacy 2
6) Atari Portfolio (with docs)
7) Apple IIGS
8 ) IBM 5160 XT (😍)
9) 386DX-33 (Windows 3.1)
10) K6-2 computer (Windows 98)
11) Windows XP computer
12) Windows 2000 computer
13) Windows 98 laptop
14) Windows Vista laptop
15) Commodore 128 (got for free when it was abandoned in a lot)
16) Commodore Amiga 500
17) Sharp X68000 ACE (shell only, I'm in way over my head on this)
18) Kindle (7th Generation)
19) iPad 2 (useless due to slow speeds)
20) iPad Mini 2 (same)
21) Apple MacBook
22) Main Windows 11 PC

24 minutes ago, Zap! said:

Nice list! Love the Atari's! And soon to be updated with your STacy 2 lol! I have too many consoles to list, including a Vectrex and even an Adventurevision. Here's my computer list though, with a very rare Commodore Vic 20 SMPL coming tomorrow:

1) Atari XEGS (In box, and first computer ever!)
2) Atari 800XL
3) Atari 1040STe (First 16-bit computer; published Zap! newsletter on this)
4) Atari Mega STe (in box)
5) Atari STacy 2
6) Atari Portfolio (with docs)
7) Apple IIGS
8 ) IBM 5160 XT (😍)
9) 386DX-33 (Windows 3.1)
10) K6-2 computer (Windows 98)
11) Windows XP computer
12) Windows 2000 computer
13) Windows 98 laptop
14) Windows Vista laptop
15) Commodore 128 (got for free when it was abandoned in a lot)
16) Commodore Amiga 500
17) Sharp X68000 ACE (shell only, I'm in way over my head on this)
18) Kindle (7th Generation)
19) iPad 2 (useless due to slow speeds)
20) iPad Mini 2 (same)
21) Apple MacBook
22) Main Windows 11 PC

Wholy crap you have an Adventurevision! Wow how long have you had that for?

nice Atari list too. I forgot to mention my Atari Portfolio got that a few months ago and had fun fixing it and writing some BASIC programs and doing some printing!

11 minutes ago, sideburn said:

Wholy crap you have an Adventurevision! Wow how long have you had that for?

nice Atari list too. I forgot to mention my Atari Portfolio got that a few months ago and had fun fixing it and writing some BASIC programs and doing some printing!

i got it April, 2014. A member of Atari Age was selling it, and I offered $650. He passed on it. A month or two went by and he says his wife found out that he declined $650 and wanted to kill him lol. So he asked if I was still interested and I said yes. The thread can still be found here on AA somewhere. I know that I was very lucky with that price. Here's a video I made of it:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sideburn said:

WOW! Quite a score! Funny how its always the wife.. Thats how I got my Asteroids cocktail arcade machine for $300... the wife wanted it out of the house!!

🤣🤣🤣

I really need to put this thing in a glass case and dust it off. How much do they go for these days? I also have a Colorvision, which may be even rarer...