IGNORED

I needs me some game music!

2600Lives

Allright, I've done plenty of looking for good sites that have game music, and I've had mostly bad luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What I'm looking for is NON Midi stuff, I want true rips of the music. Everything from the 2600 to the original Playstation (I refuse to get into 100+ bit gaming, hehe). Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Actually, I'd like to get some Marble Madness music. Especially the second track music. From the arcade version. The remix on that site doesn't have it that I can hear.

Here's a site with some mp3 files. I don't know if they are from the arcade version, never played the game.

http://www.bodenstaendig.de/marble/misc.htm

Sorry man, I know I may be missing out, but newsgroups and FTP stuff isn't my bag. I can barely USE this friggin' thing I'm typing on right now, adding other complications just makes it more.....complicated. Anyway, I found some over at Zophars site. I had some quibbles, as when you download them, they come out as NSF files, but if you just add the file to WinAmp, and double click on it every time you want to hear a different track, it works just fine. Unfortunately, all they had were NES games, and I'm still lookin' for other systems.

Actually, I'd like to get some Marble Madness music. Especially the second track music. From the arcade version. The remix on that site doesn't have it that I can hear.

Here's a site with some mp3 files. I don't know if they are from the arcade version, never played the game.

http://www.bodenstaendig.de/marble/misc.htm

That's what I'm looking for!

It is the Arcade versions. You can tell by the instruments being used. This kind of sound wouldn't be possible on the NES version. Comparing the NES and the Arcade version, the Arcade is what it would have sounded like on the SNES if they had made a port then. The NES is stuck with harder non-deep sounding instruments and not as vibrant as arcades could do at the time.

This is the one I was looking for. I like the tune.

Thanks.

As for Newsgroups, I'm with 2600Lives here. I just don't understand that geeky stuff. Stick to the WWW. It's the future, not BBS' or Newsgroups. ;) :P

Actually, what do you have there?

As for Newsgroups, I'm with 2600Lives here. I just don't understand that geeky stuff. Stick to the WWW. It's the future, not BBS' or Newsgroups. ;)  :P

Fine with me, but I'm telling you using NG's is super easy ;) Now GETTING access to them is another story, but we won't get into that here :ponder:

Lesseee.. here I am at 1:11 am just sitting down at the pc, so let's have a look at what's up tonight..... Aahh.. about 1120 posts. A lot of stuff from various RPG's (Albert Odyssey, Saga Frontier, etc.), stuff from Guitar Freaks 2nd mix.. lets see what else. Oh "Nintendo Killer Cuts" (who knows what that is?) And what's this.. oh the entire soundtrack from SNES Super Metroid (did someone actually sit and record this??). And...

...well there's a lot of stuff. And this is just tonight as in RIGHT NOW. Give it a couple days and there will probably be a whole new selection as stuff is uploaded all the time. Heck, here take a look for yourself as I snag a screnshot or 2. Like I said, it's easy if you just take a couple minutes to learn :)

post-31-1061021608_thumb.jpg

post-31-1061021609_thumb.jpg

As for Newsgroups, I'm with 2600Lives here. I just don't understand that geeky stuff. Stick to the WWW. It's the future, not BBS' or Newsgroups. ;)  :P

You guys are definitely missing out. There is a lot to be found on the newsgroups, and it really isn't all that hard to learn. It would be well worth your time to do a little research. I have a complete collection of Futurama episodes that I've culled from newsgroup posts, and 99% of my rom downloads are from newsgroups. They're also definitely the most reliable place (for me anyways) to find PSX and Dreamcast ISO's. Finding stuff like that on normal websites is next to impossible (Hell, it's getting hard to find NES roms nowadays). You don't have to deal with banner ads, horrible website design, broken links or P2P users with low bandwidth (In fact, I get a constant 250k/sec speed from my ISP's news server... lets see a website beat that).

Of course, you need to have a good news server to actually benefit much from this. I'm lucky that Shaw actually has an amazing news server. Retention is almost a week, and I almost never have problems with incomplete posts. In fact, their news server is probably one of the best things about them as an ISP.

In fact, the only bad part about getting stuff from newsgroups is that you're generally at the whim of what other people post. You might go to alt.binaries.emulators.misc hoping to find C64 disk images, and it turns out all that's there is a huge flood of Spectrum stuff (And I mean huge... I think that guy has been flooding the group with Spectrum stuff for 3 straight days), and some 3DO ISO's. You can always make a request of course.

--Zero