IGNORED

8-Bit Software: A Preservation Effort

SoulBuster

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 02 (1982-06)(Antic Publishing)(US)[disk] - Sourced from magazine listings.

1. KKORNER.BAS is from I/O Board.
  2. DEATHSTR.BAS was so different from what was found that I ended up typing it in from scratch.

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 02 (1982-06)(Antic Publishing)(US)[BASIC][disk].zip

image.thumb.jpeg.d2493755964ed9e08b940941a4cba7b7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dfc72d0fcc738159a732b317b10bb887.jpeg

• Like 4

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 03 (1982-08)(Antic Publishing)(US)[disk] - Sourced from magazine listings.

1. SPIDGTIA.BAS is the GTIA version of the game Spider and SPIDCTIA.BAS is the CTIA version.
  2. PACINVAD.BAS does not match the TYPO table, but it does match the listing.  There is one exception, the listing has "}".  Allan's version has CHR$(125), so I put the ATASCII character there for the bell. It has extra long lines that had to be dealt with.  I used ED from Sparta X and TextPro 5.20 to make the lines long again.

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 03 (1982-06)(Antic Publishing)(US)[BASIC][disk].zip

image.thumb.jpeg.aa65280c3ffec42abe0ab21c1419b4ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.478af7af44f9301be1cbff86bb128f74.jpeg

• Like 3

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 04 (1982-10)(Antic Publishing)(US)[disk] - Sourced from magazine listings.

1. CHICKEN.LST from I/O Board is entered into the game from issue #1.  It moves the chicken 1 full lane to avoid being hit twice by the same car.
  2. BUBBLE2O.ASM has ORG = $0600.  Assembler Editor does not know what to do with that.  I changed it to *= $0600 in BUBBLE2.ASM and it now compiles.  I do not know what assembler the magazine used that needs ORG. I tried MAC/65. Both copies of the assembly language listing are included.
  3. BASMUS.BAS does not match TYPO data, but it matches the listing in the magazine.
  4. SPEED.BAS does not match TYPO data, but it matches the listing in the magazine.
  5. TUNE.BAS does not match TYPO data, but it matches the listing in the magazine.

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 04 (1982-10)(Antic Publishing)(US)[BASIC][disk].zip

image.thumb.jpeg.78d4be012acd9cde8fd2e77bdbb648ee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0ba18832fdeff0dc1a70602e6552fff9.jpeg

• Like 4

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 05 (1982-12)(Antic Publishing)(US)[disk] - Sourced from listings in the magazine

1. TUNE.LST from I/O Board is entered into TUNE.BAS from Vol.1 No. 04 so you do not have to type the special characters.
  2. TREE.BAS does not match typo data, but it does match the listing in the magazine.
  3. HOLYNITE.BAS does not match typo data, but it does match the listing in the magazine.
  4. COMPOSER.PIL contains lines that were left out of the listing from Vol.1 No. 04.
  5. XMASLIST.BAS does not match typo data, but it does match the listing in the magazine.

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 05 (1982-12)(Antic Publishing)(US)[BASIC][disk].zip

image.thumb.jpeg.1534f79e37857c26937e67a96e6f9243.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68acdb23e3286df21c3732e0998afc19.jpeg

• Like 3

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 06 (1983-02)(Antic Publishing)(US)[BASIC][disk] - Sourced from magazine listings

1. PACUPDATE.LST from I/O board is an enhancement to Pac invaders from the August '82 issue.
  2. PACDISAPP.LST from I/O board is another enhancement to PAC Invaders from the August '82 issue.
  3. COLORS.BAS from  I/O Board is a graphics mode 7 demo.
  4. STELLAR.BAS does not match the TYPO data, but does match the magazine listing.
  5. TINYTEXT.BAS does not match the TYPO data, but does match the magazine listing.
  6. BOOTMNGR.BAS has the TYPO table that is needed for part 2, but it does match the magazine listing. CBOOTMGB has the wrong TYPO Table, use the one for part 1 for a perfect match.

Antic Disk Version Vol. 1 No. 06 (1983-02)(Antic Publishing)(US)[BASIC][disk].zip

image.thumb.jpeg.07203fe8320d9cac358b986811bc644b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48c8b3e56ff7a22d8b857e2d93d71971.jpeg

• Like 3

I did some spot checking on the Antic disks I posted recently.  I found that some of the programs do not match the magazine listing.  I am removing all zips from the posts until I can verify each and every program. @Allan did a fine job collecting programs together, but some of them have been modified and do not match the magazine.

This is my fault, I posted them without checking them.

7 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

I did some spot checking on the Antic disks I posted recently.  I found that some of the programs do not match the magazine listing.  I am removing all zips from the posts until I can verify each and every program. @Allan did a fine job collecting programs together, but some of them have been modified and do not match the magazine.

This is my fault, I posted them without checking them.

If I am remembering right, a number of the early listings do not work as printed. I had to change some of them just to get them work without getting error messages. Some were corrected in later issues but some were not.

• Like 1