IGNORED

J.U.G.S.™ Question for T-bird

Edge

What all is included with J.U.G.S.™ available on your site?

With this will I have everything I need to play games like

Painter on my Jag with Jag CD system (except for the Painter

game itself, of course (duh!))?

Thanks,

Edge

What all is included with  J.U.G.S.™ available on your site?

Thanks,

Edge

I'd love to explain it to you here, but people have been complaining that I "shamelessly self promote" and talk only about my company's products and so I have made it a policy not to discuss any of my company products or projects in public forums. Please give me a moment and I will answer your question in a Private Message.

Thank you got your patience.

Hello Doug!

What all is included with  J.U.G.S.™ available on your site?

Thanks,

Edge

I'd love to explain it to you here, but people have been complaining that I "shamelessly self promote" and talk only about my company's products and so I have made it a policy not to discuss any of my company products or projects in public forums. Please give me a moment and I will answer your question in a Private Message.

Thank you got your patience.

A lot of things come to my mind:

1) I would like to get a copy of this PM.

2) I thought you were in your 30ies, but now i think i better should erase the last digit of this age-estimation.

3) Why do you withdraw? A man got to do what a man got to do. So stand up and face the critic. At least Edge seems to be an example that using acronyms like JUGS and JUGS-DD used by your company (or JagfreeCD used by another company) can confuse potential customers.

4) What's up with the URL to your company? Are you about to change the company name to SaltyTonic or what?

5) First "I don't announce my projects!", and now "I speak neither about my company nor about my products!" and later "I don't sell my products."?

As said, just things which came to my mind. And i think you provoked such a feedback, else you could have PMed Edge directly, so don't complain.

Best regards

Matthias

1) I would like to get a copy of this PM:

I'm sure you already are aware of the technical details of this problem.

2) I thought you were in your 30ies, but now i think i better should erase the last digit of this age-estimation.

I have been requested to no longer annihilate persons making personal insults against me, no matter how much they deserve it. I cannot answer this remark.

3) Why do you withdraw? A man got to do what a man got to do. So stand up and face the critic.

Too many people complain when I do this, and I do not wish to cause complaints.

4) What's up with the URL to your company? Are you about to change the company name to SaltyTonic or what?

All Self-Promotion is also causing complaints. I am no longer here promoting anything. I am just here to talk about the Jaguar.

5) First "I don't announce my projects!", and now "I speak neither about my company nor about my products!" and later "I don't sell my products."?

If it comes to that, so be it. Maybe someone else can do it instead. It's easier to just give up.

As said, just things which came to my mind. And i think you provoked such a feedback, else you could have PMed Edge directly, so don't complain.

I didn't want to start a new topic saying that I no longer support or discuss products on public message boards. I just wrote this here.

You sound like you don't understand, but when you decide to sell a Jaguar product, you will learn quickly what happens to anyone who creates something good for the Jaguar community.

The JUGS facility that can load unencrypted CD's is only available on Battlesphere Gold. So, if you have Battlesphere Gold, you're good to go.

Regards,

Gordon

I've seen someone reference a RAM based bypass utility which could theoretically be loaded by BJL or via the Jaguar software serial loader built into the old and new versions of that game you mentioned.

I've seen someone reference a RAM based bypass utility which could theoretically be loaded by BJL or via the Jaguar software serial loader built into the old and new versions of that game you mentioned.

True indeed. It certainly is possible to boot an unencrypted CD from RAM. Ideally a RAM based loader should be written as position independent code so that it could be run and executed from any address in the 2Mb range. The problem with a RAM based loader is that the data you are loading from CD into RAM could overwrite your loader code if you're not careful.

Regards,

Gordon

True indeed. It certainly is possible to boot an unencrypted CD from RAM. Ideally a RAM based loader should be written as position independent code so that it could be run and executed from any address in the 2Mb range. The problem with a RAM based loader is that the data you are loading from CD into RAM could overwrite your loader code if you're not careful.

Regards,

Gordon

I have been requested to no longer annihilate persons making personal insults against me, no matter how much they deserve it. I cannot answer this remark.

WooHoo! Tbird's been put on a tight leash, weee *much w00ting and jubilation*.

Hehe, I do hope that can be taken in good humor, I doubt it, but given up caring what ppl think of me.

You sound like you don't understand, but when you decide to sell a Jaguar product, you will learn quickly what happens to anyone who creates something good for the Jaguar community.

I sell a Jaguar product, the only person who's caused me hassle about it really was you. A few people complained they wernt availible except via eBay, a few others wanting plans, but everyone was civil and polite when I said no, and pointed them to the Jaguar FAQ which has the basic plans, just not my suppliers phone numbers and order codes.

Tbird has on a couple of occasions tried to atack my controlers, in rather un-subtle ways. However, since I believe one of his biggest problems, and why he makes so many enemies, apart from the shameless self promotion and superior attitude, is that whenever anyone posts anything negative about his products, he feels the need to defend them. If someone says, for example "Protector SE is not as good as Defender2k", you wont see Songbird posting about how wonderful PSE is, how many extra features it has over Defender, how much more fun it is, etc. Some of the people here who Prefer PSE will point out that in their opinion its a better game, and has extra features like the cd bypass and bjl uploader, but after all it is a matter of personal taste.

Thus, when Tbird attacked my controlers, I pointed out anything he was factually wrong about, but left matters of opinion and taste to my many satisfied customers, who did tell Tbird that he really should use one before making arguments about it.

Again, Im really not trying to make another fight, just pointing out that that is how I have handled the complaints and criticsms leveled against me and my product. I know others have had trouble from the community regarding their products, like Tbird, and... and... ah crap, cant remember his name, the guy who was/is working on Native. However, I also know of no incidents of Songbird being involved in any fights or arguments, and I doubt Sinigord will have anyone attacking him regarding Painter, or anything really. I think mostly this comes down to how professional people are, and how polite. I know Tbird prides himself on being a professional person, even going so far as to not put a headphone socket onto the ScatBox because people could sue him for hearing damage, but his general conduct and manners leave a lot to be desired, and that is imvho a large part of why people dislike him so much.

I know others have had trouble from the community regarding their products, like Tbird, and... and... ah crap, cant remember his name, the guy who was/is working on Native.

That would be James Garvin. Or possibly Duranik, depending who you were referring to...:ponder:

Stone

I know others have had trouble from the community regarding their products, like Tbird, and... and... ah crap, cant remember his name, the guy who was/is working on Native.

That would be James Garvin. Or possibly Duranik, depending who you were referring to...:ponder:

Stone

Ah yeah, James Garvin, thanks. I've a terrible memory for names sometimes.

Hello Tyrant!

...when you decide to sell a Jaguar product, you will learn quickly what happens to anyone who creates something good for the Jaguar community.

I sell a Jaguar product, the only person who's caused me hassle about it really was you.

It seems that you still don't understand it:

The "unmotivated" and "unfounded" attacks at your controller came up directly after the "attacks"(*) at the Scatbox. This was obvious, even to me who normally has problems to follow all those threads and information-connections. Unfortunately you didn't noticed this and took it serious, but i had a good laugh when i read Tbirds first "RotaryControllers have to be made out of steel"-messages.

Regards

Matthias

(*) People not owning a Scatbox talked about it's disadvantages, and later people not owning a RotaryController talked about it's problems.

I would like to know what JUGS-DD stands for, incidentally,

without stirring up any argument, it puzzled me for a while...

I know JUGS means "Jaguar Unmodified Game Server", and is

a joke in the vein of 4play/foreplay, does DD mean anything,

or is it meant just to be another schoolboy humour type pun?

I thought originally it was a kind of joke about the N64-DD unit.

I think that JagFree-CD is also a really bad name, for the CD

bypass code Songbird released to developers to embed free

in their future cartridges, but the name is awfully confusing.

JagFreeCD I suppose is meant to mean it liberates the Jaguar

from the CD encrption process, but I still prefer JagCDBoot

to both names. Sadly, JUGS-DD doesn't even mention Jag...!

WooHoo! Tbird's been put on a tight leash, weee *much w00ting and jubilation*.

Not really. I'm just tired of getting PM'ed and asked to turn a blind eye to personal attacks from people like you. As amusing as it may be, many people believe you and your ilk will "shut their (expletive deleted) mouths" if I ignore them.

Hello Tyrant!

The "unmotivated" and "unfounded" attacks at your controller came up directly after the "attacks"(*) at the Scatbox. This was obvious, even to me who normally has problems to follow all those threads and information-connections. Unfortunately you didn't noticed this and took it serious, but i had a good laugh when i read Tbirds first "RotaryControllers have to be made out of steel"-messages.

The way that Tyrant insists on using out of context quotes from me in his signature and refused to delete them when asked only shows his purpose here is to be antagonistic and provoke flamewars.

The treatment he received was exactly what one can expect.

I would like to know what JUGS-DD stands for, incidentally,

without stirring up any argument, it puzzled me for a while...

I know JUGS means "Jaguar Unmodified Game Server", and is

a joke in the vein of 4play/foreplay, does DD mean anything,

or is it meant just to be another schoolboy humour type pun?

I thought originally it was a kind of joke about the N64-DD unit.

I think that JagFree-CD is also a really bad name, for the CD

bypass code Songbird released to developers to embed free

in their future cartridges, but the name is awfully confusing.

JagFreeCD I suppose is meant to mean it liberates the Jaguar

from the CD encrption process, but I still prefer JagCDBoot

to both names. Sadly, JUGS-DD doesn't even mention Jag...!

The letters "DD" stand for "Disk Driver". Which is what the program does.

But the fact that the name may be confusing to some and with many different versions of this idea now available, you'll notice that when I discuss the topic I refer to the whole concept as a "CD-Bypass", to avoid confusion. (Unless I am making an example or analogy trying to demonstrate the potential for confusion in a message)

But the fact that the name may be confusing to some and with many different versions of this idea now available, you'll notice that when I discuss the topic I refer to the whole concept as a "CD-Bypass", to avoid confusion.

CD-Bypass seems technically a wrong term to me too since it is not bypassing the CD. I still need to throw a CD in the "toilet" to load since it is still not loading from thin air.

Maybe the term "CD encryption verification bypass" is technically better since it bypasses the encryption verification process of a CD.

Robert

But the fact that the name may be confusing to some and with many different versions of this idea now available, you'll notice that when I discuss the topic I refer to the whole concept as a "CD-Bypass", to avoid confusion.

CD-Bypass seems technically a wrong term to me too since it is not bypassing the CD. I still need to throw a CD in the "toilet" to load since it is still not loading from thin air.

Maybe the term "CD encryption verification bypass" is technically better since it bypasses the encryption verification process of a CD.

Robert

At some point in the past, we were calling it an "CD Authentication Bypass", and "CD Authentication Nullifier". There are still references to this in our website. But the term most commonly used has been "CD Bypass". and I don't have a problem with that, since people do seem to understand what it means.

Hi!

Robert

At some point in the past, we were calling it an "CD Authentication Bypass", and "CD Authentication Nullifier". There are still references to this in our website. But the term most commonly used has been "CD Bypass". and I don't have a problem with that, since people do seem to understand what it means.

I think i use "CD Bypass" in the tradition of "HW-Bypass" which was

used to describe the method how the early Songbird-releases (Protector,Skyhammer, SoccerKid,Hyperforce (?)) were able

to get their unencrypted program-content run by the Jaguar.

DD = DiskDriver:

Sounds ok, although a bit general. I would have liked to see the "CD"-acronym in a name (and yes, i know CD is just CompactDisc).

Also, i think that's the first time this was explained.

The main problem is, that the name which could describe

the purpose of the "CD Bypass"-process best would probably also be too long to be recognized or used.

Regards

Matthias

I am sure this has occured to others way sooner than me but I'll state it here anyway. Someone should see that all these Q&A's about JUGGS DD and BJL that get answered on this and any forum should be collected and kept so that they are not lost and put on a FAQ sheet.

Yeah, I know, someones way ahead of me and already on top of it. :P

Hello Tyrant!

...when you decide to sell a Jaguar product, you will learn quickly what happens to anyone who creates something good for the Jaguar community.

I sell a Jaguar product, the only person who's caused me hassle about it really was you.

Regards

Matthias

(*) People not owning a Scatbox talked about it's disadvantages, and later people not owning a RotaryController talked about it's problems.

Ah yes, but you see, that discusion about scatboxes produced one of the funniest moments of all time when Tbird claimed that the copper wire in his coiled telephone cable was stretching when he pulled on it and it uncoiled a bit.

Still, rehashing the past is rather silly I'll admit, no matter how funny it may have been. Also I think the attacks against my controlers were quite a while after the scatbox thing, the connection wasnt lost on me, but I defended myself quite admirably I think.

As amusing as it may be, many people believe you and your ilk will "shut their (expletive deleted) mouths" if I ignore them.

Anyways, as painful as it is, I guess I should really be polite and not start another argument, and prove those people right.

The way that Tyrant insists on using out of context quotes from me in his signature and refused to delete them when asked only shows his purpose here is to be antagonistic and provoke flamewars.

Its only one quote, and it is rather funny that that was the best comeback you could think of, but ok, once I get my new signature rotator writen, I'll tie it into AA so I get a random sig every day. I feel the need for a new avatar too... an entire digital facelift. I really do love your new avatar btw Tbird, very nicely done.

Uh, before everyone thinks I am really retarded, I meant a FAQ for those who already know what JUGGS and BJL are for and are actually using them to program. For instance a few months ago Symmetry of TNG asked T-bird a technical question and I believe T-Bird answered it but said he didn't have time to write a how-to on his product at this time.

Or is this new sticky thread for that too and not just the everyman who is not sure what is needed to run some of the newer cd games coming out? :?

Ah yes, but you see, that discusion about scatboxes produced one of the funniest moments of all time when Tbird claimed that the copper wire in his coiled telephone cable was stretching when he pulled on it and it uncoiled a bit..

Why is it that you find facts so humorous? Do you laugh when someone says that a ball thrown in the air will fall to the earth? Does it make you giggle uncontrollably when someone says that water freezes at 32 degrees F?

If the copper in a coiled wire does not stretch and bend, the wire would be a long straight spiral rod with phone connectors on each end and you'd never be able to hang up the phone because the rod is not bending.

Why you choose to bring up a topic like this which clearly illustrates your lack of knowledge is baffling.

If the copper in a coiled wire does not stretch and bend, the wire would be a long straight spiral rod with phone connectors on each end and you'd never be able to hang up the phone because the rod is not bending.

I think stretching and bending are two different things. anyway...

Back onto the subject of JagFree/JUGS-DD/B&C Bypass. I think the only thing these names represent that is different is the way the memory storage on the system is performed. I remember reading that the way TBird has implemented the save feature is different from the JagFree way of doing things. As all the products do the same thing essentially, I see this as being the only real difference between them