IGNORED

New game adaptations

I started with Psygnosis Barbarian 2 before Palace version. But it is hard case, needs to play first levels thru, because some delayed protections. So, it went aside, waiting better times .

15 hours ago, masteries said:

But I can´t locate "Barbarian 2 (The sidescrolling adventure) ";  I only found Barbarian 2 (1 vs 1 fighting)

Can you show us the SCRHs webpage of Barbarian 2?

http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/barb2pal.html

Btw. searching for is really simple. On main DL page, with table you can select order by alphabet . Or using search function of browser - F3 .

17 hours ago, Hempsa said:

Local finnish magazine reviewed Jaguar as challenger of Lotus back in the day, and I have to agree, it was crap, even on amiga. Really big disappointment, of course some may have a different opinion. Thanks for the Italy 1990, it was one of my favourites before Sensible Soccer, will give it a try. I did not mean to be disrespectful, when I wonderer about ik+ trainers, I'm very thankful of the hard work you have done and you have made it possible to play (Lassard quote) many many of my favourites from HD, and still continue to do so. TOS 2.16i was probably one of my best purchases too, floppy compatibility in my MegaSTe is just amazing. And if sound like an asskisser, that is not my intention :)

Well, that about IK+ trainers was little confusing - I even thought that it should be for C64 ?  In any case not best idea to refer to other computer versions. Most of us don't know them. Maybe with proper YT video link.

Considering Jaguar XJ220 - I used chance here to send message to some people, even when they don't like to hear different opinions, furthermore they don't allow free speech.

Lot of talk about my approach, then they actually performed some kind of online forum lynch with words - it is so nice to act as crowd ! Reminds on worst periods in human history (or we are just right now in another one ?) . 

I will do things in best way according to my life experience, experience with people (and I have lot of it, in real life, because I worked decades with people in person).

What can not stand are those who think that they are smarter than others, just because they only goal is to get some profit, benefit from every possible situation. As in saying "Opportunity makes a thief" (it's my translation from my 2 native languages - English v. may sound different) . And yes, such, 'smart' people don't miss chance. And usually it gets without protest, being noticed. Or it is just abuse of position, and those who had some damage just dares not to complain - because then might be worse. And that's our reality, for instance with bureaucrats . No, they are not smarter, they are just soulless bastards. And typical is that getting very offended when someone says them who really they are. Yes, psychopaths. Song of Year 2022: The Sinner takes it all ? 

Here is Tiger Road test version: TIGERRDT.ZIP

It is not finished, not complete. Only first few levels will work. I'm little confused by gameplay, and don't know about picking up some power ups. Those big guys are very tough.

Added unlimited health (it needed change at some 7 locations) and unlimited time. Still progressed very slowly.  Those familiar with this game - pls. play it until can, save game state often, so will be able to send me position before it stops to work.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Here is Tiger Road test version: TIGERRDT.ZIP

It is not finished, not complete. Only first few levels will work. I'm little confused by gameplay, and don't know about picking up some power ups. Those big guys are very tough.

Added unlimited health (it needed change at some 7 locations) and unlimited time. Still progressed very slowly.  Those familiar with this game - pls. play it until can, save game state often, so will be able to send me position before it stops to work.

You´ve great!

I will test it level by level, and report when the game stops working,

Using save states I was able to get past level 2.

Level 3 - Boss room works good.

Level 4 - Works good until the end of level.  A message appears to Insert Disk 2 and the game freezes.

tigerroad-b.png

I sent you memory snapshots of Level 2 and Level 4 via PM.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

16 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Using save states I was able to get past level 2.

Level 3 - Boss room works good.

Level 4 - Works good until the end of level.  A message appears to Insert Disk 2 and the game freezes.

I sent you memory snapshots of Level 2 and Level 4 via PM.

Thanx. Will need to add more corrections for unlimited health, as it is not controlled in one common code part. And if it asks for Disk 2 without accessing side B of Disk 1 it means that it is not used at all ... Not rare case that there is something - for instance to confuse crackers. Or maybe there is just something extra for DS drive owners only ...

3 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

One really nicely done game: NORTSOUT.ZIP

Did it right now because disk code is very similar to one in Tiger Road, so used same 'template' for this one - which is btw. in 5 languages.

There was some fancy copy protection - deactivated. But it needs good testing. Min RAM 1 MB .

NORTSOUT.ZIP 745.68 kB · 8 downloads

Thanks again for the time and dedication you put into this. I know not everyone who take advantage of your work will thank you, and I don't know if my "thank you" will make any difference but here it is:   THANKS A LOT PETER FOR YOUR TIME AND DEDICATION to the ATARI Community!!!! 

You are really unreplaceable!  

Cheers and have a very good 2022!!

Agv

Karate Kid II updated:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/kark2s.html

This has problematic IKBD code, so will need some extra work/bothering to make it more compatible with diverse configs.

This is how this 'business' goes - 'little' harder than taking others work from his site, put it on own, and then bragging how great thing just did.

Thanks for the update on Tiger Road.  I am up to level 12.  Looking good so far except for 2 areas that still reduce health bar.  Man this game would be Hard without the unlimited health.

The two areas are end of level 3 if you touch the guy rolling the barrels.

tigerroad.png

and level 12 at this area if the enemies touch the player.

tigerroad-b.png

I'll send the memory snapshots in PM.

9 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Thanks for the update on Tiger Road.  I am up to level 12.  Looking good so far except for 2 areas that still reduce health bar.  Man this game would be Hard without the unlimited health.

The two areas are end of level 3 if you touch the guy rolling the barrels.

and level 12 at this area if the enemies touch the player.

I'll send the memory snapshots in PM.

I just finished it. Needed to add 4 more corrections for unlimited health for late levels 12-15. I noticed that health loss at end of level 3, but it is easy to avoid.

Levels 13 and 14 are nightmare mostly because not so good controls. And there is error in code, what writes above screen and 512 KB area, so it destroys lower part of cache in RAM. That means that this needs 2 MB RAM min .  And I did 33 state saves while managed to reach end. Very last level is joke.

Will need yet to update code and test it little. And maybe to add start level selection - if will be not too hard to solve ..

20 hours ago, Philsan said:

I have a problem with Karate Kid (other last two games released works).

On my 4MB 1.62 STE when I press "1" to start the game, the computer checks disk drive and then the game hangs on "First Encounter - Daniel and Toshio" intro screen.

As I wrote above Karate Kid II has problem with IKBD code (keyboard and joystick read) . It needs floppy disk in drive to accept keyboard commands . Somehow floppy port is triggered via MFP by some key presses. That should be corrected. But will need plenty of time. Damn fight programs, nobody said that they are programmer time consuming too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

OK, here is final v. With start level selection.  TIGERRD.ZIP

Thank you so much!

Its a surprise that this game "And there is error in code, what writes above screen and 512 KB area, so it destroys lower part of cache in RAM. That means that this needs 2 MB RAM min" and "this game is absolute champion in need on how many places have to add cheat code - about 15 locations so far"

It appears that the game is messy programmed, despite it has good scrolling and good graphics (very good for a 1987 released ST game).

Edited by masteries

4 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I solved floppy problem in Karate Kid II. Works without drive attached too. Still works not in Steem 3.2. But there are other emulators where works.

KAREKID2.ZIP 275.93 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks you.

With or without unlimited energy, after 4th win, before bonus stage, the game hangs (garbage or bombs on screen). One time bombs and reset.

High score doesn't have names and scores.

Out of curiosity, do you know why that white line appears on intro screen?

BMP file doesn't have it.

KK.thumb.jpg.6faf9e64ed80c023da7b7fa7d5720516.jpg

On 1/15/2022 at 1:05 PM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

OK, here is final v. With start level selection.  TIGERRD.ZIP

Thanks, was able to play to the end.

tigerroad-end.png

No problems except in the final level 15 the player can still take damage in some cases.  I was able to beat the final boss however.

tigerroad-finalboss.png

Thanks again.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

9 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Thanks, was able to play to the end.

No problems except in the final level 15 the player can still take damage in some cases.  I was able to beat the final boss however.

Thanks again.

Yes, I noticed that with final boss - but it was not lot of damage, so is passable without bigger effort.

2 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Made update of Karate Kid II . Now can go further, but I don't know what to do when beat Chosen and wait on that rotating thing at top right to stop ..

High score will be disabled most likely. That will need extra save image file, and don't see the point.

On the ice-breaking screen, change the posistion
of your joystick as fast as possible to increase your energy (reflected by the
speed of the drum), then press your fire button to swing Daniel's arm. Release
the button just as Daniel's hand hits the first sheet of ice to gain maximum
follow-through. Bonus points are awarded according to how many sheets of ice
you break.
	When you finally meet Chozen in the Castle of King Shohashi, fight him
just as the other enemies until you have reduced his strength. At this point,
the drum will appear at the top-right of the screen. Then, just as Daniel had
to, you must learn the secret of the drum, or die!

https://www.looper.com/300847/we-finally-know-the-origin-of-the-karate-kid-2s-secret-drum-technique/

move joystick left/right in time with the drum.