IGNORED

New game adaptations

See?  Everyone is still getting their games.  Still getting announcements of new releases.

No one being insulted in broken unintelligible English.

No one being bullied for asking a "stoopid" question revealing their "shallow" understanding.

How is this not better?  I've met TheNameOfTheGame... did some in-person business dealings with him a few years back.  Great guy.  Really loving that he's becoming the "new face" of this.  People who want to talk to PLM directly can go to his site where "he is the king".  Everyone wins... even PLM.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2022 at 6:13 AM, Tillek said:

So I wasn't going to reply anymore to this, but I just received an email (like actually just now) that he's banned from the German forum too.

So basically, that's  Atari-Forum, ExxosForum, Atari-Home.de, and now AtariAge.

How does that even happen?  He's literally BANNED from MORE Atari forums than I actually read and post on.

Wow, at this rate he's going to catch up to the all time "Banned from Forums" leader, Kieren Hawken. 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:15 AM, RodLightning said:

I will agree that Peter brought some of these negative reactions on himself, but it is a shame to witness someone being cancelled, regardless of the reasons.

This is hardly the same as being "cancelled". It's not like there's some grand conspiracy between Atari-focused forum admins rubbing their hands together and cackling after hitting the ban button. People who are troublemakers or who have caustic personalities tend to consistently repeat the same behavior elsewhere. I had no idea he had been banned from AF or the other forums, but hearing it doesn't surprise me in the least.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, remowilliams said:

Which is available... where?

Peter tends to piss off people with his critical ways.  His mean comments got him cancelled on AtariAge by the local "click" around here.  Regardless, if you appreciate his various works, go to his forum at http://forum.8bitchip.info/    I post this at the risk of being criticized by the anti pppera group here.  Let the anti Peter comments resume, if that makes some of you feel better about yourselves.  You know who you are.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, RodLightning said:

Peter tends to piss off people with his critical ways.  His mean comments got him cancelled on AtariAge by the local "click" around here.  Regardless, if you appreciate his various works, go to his forum at http://forum.8bitchip.info/    I post this at the risk of being criticized by the anti pppera group here.  Let the anti Peter comments resume, if that makes some of you feel better about yourselves.  You know who you are.

LOL, "cancelled". 

There is no local "clique" here that was responsible for his banning from AtariAge. And it's my understanding that he's now been banned from at least five different Atari-related forums.  He only has himself to blame for his own behavior that directly lead to this situation. He's actually been banned here twice now, sneaking back on with another account at one point some time ago, which is against the rules and one of the reasons he was banned a second time.  And, yeah, "mean comments" that tend to "piss off people" is a perfectly legitimate reason to kick someone from a forum, especially when you are consistent with this behavior over time. 

..Al

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mickster said:

link??

Does anybody scroll up one or two posts before asking a question?  This is a huge pet peeve of mine because people at work do it to me all the time.  Literally two posts above this, the link is given, and one post above in a reply to that post, it is given again.

go to his forum at http://forum.8bitchip.info/ 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, remowilliams said:

There is no download link for that image anywhere on his pages, or the resurrected forum.

I think @dakidski ment there is another (one) new adapted game available...

http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/alternre.html

Not a downloadable link to a 3GB HD/SD card image with ALL the games.

If you want something like that, you will need to email Peter.

6 hours ago, Cyprian said:

@Albert may I kindly ask you to clear this thread from all of out off topic posts?

@Tillek may I ask you to stop spamming and off-topic this thread?

You may ask... you'll need a scanning electron microscope to count the number of F's I give.

That said, I object to you singling me out and suspect you probably were "sent" based on PP's comments about me at his forum.  You've singled me out despite me not having posted since Wednesday.   You can consider your request summarily dismissed (especially since you may have noticed that moderators and admins themselves have been participating).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, .mad. said:

I think @dakidski ment there is another (one) new adapted game available...

http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/alternre.html

Not a downloadable link to a 3GB HD/SD card image with ALL the games.

If you want something like that, you will need to email Peter.

No, I meant a new hdd image with a new gui and support for about 1600 hdd installed games. It needs a 4gb SD card now. And yes, people need to email peter or visit his forum.

Edited by dakidski

On 9/11/2022 at 11:45 AM, RodLightning said:

It's like you didn't read any of the posts regarding ppera being *coughcough* "cancelled" from AA. Here, I'll post my own reply which explains the whole thing in a little more detail. I suggest you actually read it this time.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:08 PM, Sauron said:

As a longtime user and a former global mod here, I'm another who will vouch for Albert being extremely lenient when it comes to banning. One thing many here don't realize is that this was far from ppera's first rodeo with the banhammer. He had been banned before years ago, and I believe his "ParanoidLittleMan" account was a secondary he created a while later. As to what led to him being banned this time, I've no idea, but whatever it was, I'm sure there was plenty of a good reason for it. Another thing important to note is that not all actions that lead to banning are on public display, as I can attest to, being someone who's had his AA inbox filled with diatribes from ppera claiming everything from the mods here hating the ST (certainly not true, why would there be an ST forum?) to us all being racist against Hungarians (yes, that is a real accusation from him, I kid you not). The banhammer is NOT wielded here in an arbitrary manner, nor is it swift in its strike.

Now, can we PLEASE stop with the whole "AA clique" thing?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

God, what a bitchfest.  This is why people leave forums, not because Peter was mean.

Actually, no... it's the same thing.

So now maybe you can explain why it's OK for HIM to have been mean to people, but not for the people who are upset about it to express that?

What, because You're fed up with seeing it?  Well... might have to pull out that scanning electron microscope again and start counting.

As far as I'm concerned, we've had to put up with him for years... so.... payback time.

• Like 4

Though I have to say that it's curious that these "supporter" posts tend to come after he posts another rant about AA on his forums. 

You guys getting credit points or something?  Like Cyprian calling me out specifically right after PP ranted about me by name on his forums?  Did you get a free copy of his distro or something?

• Like 2