IGNORED

Sky Blazer conversion?

Eisengrim

6 hours ago, Eisengrim said:

Has anyone seen a 5200 conversion or remake of the A8 game Sky Blazer (Star Blazer on Apple 2)?

This sounds like a job for @playsoft to tackle, I'll post the A8 version and see what I can do, and then I'll review it for The Atari Report on a later episode of the 5200 edition of that YouTube channel

Sky Blazer.xex

Edited by BIGHMW
To add the requested ROM for OP

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

This sounds like a job for @playsoft to tackle, I'll post the A8 version and see what I can do, and then I'll review it for The Atari Report on a later episode of the 5200 edition of that YouTube channel

Sky Blazer.xex 22.21 kB · 0 downloads

The OP was a question. Not a request for playsoft to convert the 8bit to the 5200.  Smh. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

The OP was a question. Not a request for playsoft to convert the 8bit to the 5200.  Smh. 

Thanks for clarifying that with me. I already did promise that I myself would refrain from asking for conversions myself after Asteroids got done, so at least it wasn't me asking for one, all I wanted to do was provide a service for another person.

22 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

you still attach binaries rather than just link though (e.g. AtariMania)... I'm pretty sure playsoft would know where to find it

That's because I already have the 8-bit version so why put a link when I already have the ROM ready on hand, a lot easier than having to search through a third party site. 

Does anyone else notice any similarities between Sky Blazer and VidTec/U.S. Games' Space Jockey for the 2600 in a way??? It seems like it to me with both the aerial and ground targets although there is more movement of your ship as opposed to Space Jockey in which you move only up or down. 

I happen to have this in my 8-bit files so I'll drag her onto my Ultimate Cart and try her out, I just might even review it for this next series of episodes of The Atari Report in which I intend to film tonight (they will be uploaded and published tomorrow)