IGNORED

Ahoy Mateys!

Thunderbird

Ahoy! :ahoy: Arrr!

Did anyone else get a Private Message like this one?

Excuse me for intruding, but can you help me locate the following games in ROM form?  A friend of mine wants to play them on TV but needs the roms to do so.

Aircars  

Battlesphere (or gold)  

Iron Soldier 2 (cartridge)  

Worms  

Skyhammer  

Protector (or SE)  

Zero 5  

Soccer Kid  

Towers II  

Hyperforce  

Barkleys Shut Up And Jam  

Total Carnage

Ahoy!  :ahoy: Arrr!

Did anyone else get a Private Message like this one?

Excuse me for intruding, but can you help me locate the following games in ROM form?  A friend of mine wants to play them on TV but needs the roms to do so.

Aircars  

Battlesphere (or gold)  

Iron Soldier 2 (cartridge)  

Worms  

Skyhammer  

Protector (or SE)  

Zero 5  

Soccer Kid  

Towers II  

Hyperforce  

Barkleys Shut Up And Jam  

Total Carnage

Argh 'e Maties,

Hey TBird, hook me up also :dunce: :ahoy: :dunce: :pirate: :dunce:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tempted to ask this dude where his buddy got a TV that plays Jaguar ROMS!

I bet not even Jay Smith has one of those babies!!!

I must say that guy has balls. No TV here that plays ROMS, but damn I sure would like to have that. :)

I didn't get the PM. I'll send him a ROM of Battlesphere Gold just to be nice though..... har har har.... :ponder:

Look I didn't even know that those games are still being sold, I deal mainly with 2600 stuff myself, sometimes I come into some 7800 stuff but since I don't own an Atari 7800 I have no use for it, if you don't like what I PM address me directly but don't dare post it out in the open again because you have no damned right to do so. PM stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE, or do you guys not understand that concept?

RichG1972

Look I didn't even know that those games are still being sold, I deal mainly with 2600 stuff myself, sometimes I come into some 7800 stuff but since I don't own an Atari 7800 I have no use for it, if you don't like what I PM address me directly but don't dare post it out in the open again because you have no damned right to do so. PM stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE, or do you guys not understand that concept?

RichG1972

In this case PM stands for "PIRATE MESSAGE". :ahoy:

You show disrespect to all the hard working Jaguar Developers and the Collectors who have purchased these items by trying to get illegal copies of them.

Why do you think anyone is going to respect your "Private Message" when you are asking someone to break the law?

Don't play ignorant with us about the Jaguar either, since every game on your list happen to be recent, rare, expensive, and hard to obtain games. Not just some 2600 guy looking for a few Jaguar titles out of curiosity. You know exactly what you're asking for and what it represents.

Regardless of that, there are still some people in the world who don't believe in copying ROMs, so if you keep asking people at random for these things you might find someone who will do more than just post your message. :x

I was asked by a friend of mine to look for those titles, I did that as a favor, whether you agree with it or not is your choice, I have never owned a Jaguar system, nor do I intend to. I was also informed by that very same guy that you are the one who did Battlesphere, commendable at best, but as I say, I have not, nor will I ever own a Jaguar system. The systems I own are as follows:

Atari 2600

Nintendo Entertainment System

Sega Genesis

Sega Saturn

Sony PlayStation (Revision 1)

Notice there was no inclusion of the Jaguar system? BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!! I told you I didn't know the games were still being sold because I meant it now kindly get off my case, I don't have a Jaguar system nor do I have any Jaguar ROMs, so please stop attacking me because you're allegations are unfounded and utterly pompous, pucilanimous and pathetic!!!!

RichG1972

I was asked by a friend of mine to look for those titles, I did that as a favor, whether you agree with it or not is your choice, I have never owned a Jaguar system, nor do I intend to.  I was also informed by that very same guy that you are the one who did Battlesphere, commendable at best, but as I say, I have not, nor will I ever own a Jaguar system.  The systems I own are as follows:

Atari 2600

Nintendo Entertainment System

Sega Genesis

Sega Saturn

Sony PlayStation (Revision 1)

Notice there was no inclusion of the Jaguar system?  BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!!  I told you I didn't know the games were still being sold because I meant it now kindly get off my case, I don't have a Jaguar system nor do I have any Jaguar ROMs, so please stop attacking me because you're allegations are unfounded and utterly pompous, pucilanimous and pathetic!!!!

RichG1972

You need to get some new friends then, because anyone would would ask you to break the law is no friend to you.

What exactly did your "friend" say to you that made you think that the developer of a game on your list would give you free copies of his work?

And what made you think that the developer of one program would give you free copies of competitor's products.

And next time you ask someone not to "attack" you, you might want to close your message with something other than name-calling attacks.

I didn't know you were the developer of Battlesphere like I said before, had I known I would not have even PMed you, I apologize for inconveniencing you, if I did own a Jaguar I probably would have bought Battlesphere legitimately, but I don't, plus the fact that the reviews I have seen of that system are anything but shining and glowing. Some even refer to it as the last gasp of the JTS/Tramiel era. I don't know what Battlesphere is, I haven't even played it before but the fact that so many people seek it intrigues me. I haven't even so much as seen a screen shot of it, nor do I know it's plot or even the goal or object of the game. If it were available for the computer I'd probably buy it, but since it isn't I have no Jaguar so I can't get it so I guess I'll be missing out. Good lick in your future gaming endeavors. Maybe someday you'll see that I'm not such a bad person and that I genuinely meant no harm to you or any other software developers in the industry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving AtariAge or the forums, I simply have no desire to fight, I just wanted to help a friend out, nothing more. I had no lascivious intentions, I went into this with only the BEST intentions.

RichG1972

If I offended anyone esle by doing what I did I apologize to them too.

im gunna start posting peoples "private" messages everyday - this way whatever they say to me in private wont be private anymore - maybe when i post them itll make certain people look bad and stuff

yeah

yep

:dunce:

first pitch is a ball

second pitch is a strike

throws a knuckle ball in for strike 2

fastball outside ball 2

curve ball missing on the inside ball 3

its a full count....

im gunna start posting peoples "private" messages everyday - this way whatever they say to me in private wont be private anymore - maybe when i post them itll make certain people look bad and stuff

I hate to break the bad news to you, but everything you do and say on this site is visible to people all along the route from the server to your computer. "Private Messages" here don't use SSL, so the text goes across the internet as plain text in packets that people along the way can read and enjoy.

Watch what you say!

no need to get uber-tech on us.. we all know there is no "secure" on this board, but in gist, a PRIVATE message is a mutal nondisclosure to both parties to treat indicated message as a person to person communicade and not as a hint to tell the world what was contained in a pm, be it legal or not.

Wouldn't a message like that have fallen under the definition of SPAM?

What I mean is.. if you received an unsolicited EMAIL from someone asking for ROMS would you have any problems pointing it out to others?

What makes a message board PM more "sacred"?

Or is it just fashionable to be against whatever T-bird says/does?

It would be different if the guy PM'd T-bird about a painful blister on his nutsack, or to let him know he had a crush on Tom Bosley.. but the guy was asking for ROMs for crying out loud...

;)

I say "Let 'em crash!" :thumbsdown:

no need to get uber-tech on us.. we all know there is no "secure" on this board, but in gist, a PRIVATE message is a mutal nondisclosure to both parties to treat indicated message as a person to person communicade and not as a hint to tell the world what was contained in a pm, be it legal or not.

So, if someone PM'ed you and said they were going to steal your buddy's VCR, you are morally bound to keep it a secret?

I guess I'm just new at this BBS stuff and don't know all the rules.

[adj] not expressed; "secret (or private) thoughts"

[adj] concerning one person exclusively; "we all have individual cars"; "each room has a private bath"

[adj] concerning things deeply private and personal; "private correspondence"; "private family matters"

[adj] confined to particular persons or groups or providing privacy; "a private place"; "private discussions"; "private lessons"; "a private club"; "a private secretary"; "private property"; "the former President is now a private citizen"; "public figures struggle to maintain a private life"

Antonyms:

public

Or is it just fashionable to be against whatever T-bird says/does?

Dude, going against everything Thunderbird says is sooooooooo "1997". Only a real square would still be trying to do that today! It's rather like getting up early to get good seats to the "Hanson Acoustic 2003 Tour". That went out with the Cabbage patch Doll!

Get with the times, Dude!

:P 8) :D :)

Lost Monkey,

For my initial PM to Thunderbird to be considered SPAM it would have to have been sent more than once, like some people who chat in a chat room and post the same thing every few second like this:

Sender: Get $1000 tax free

THAT is SPAM and anyone on here who is in my corner can back me up on this and validate what I say, and to all concerned, I MYSELF am a businessman so I know what it is to be in business, but if I may be so bold, I am not in business for myself. I am in business to help others, I restore Atari 2600 systems to their former glory, making them what they were the day they rolled off the assmbly lines. I don't turn them into artificial respresentations of what others THINK they should be with all the extras and googaws that others choose to solder onto them, and those who choose to saw and hack away at the cases of otherwise perfectly good 2600 consoles. I bring them back to what they were ORIGINALLY designed to be from the initial concept that came from Nolan Bushnell himself, if he saw any of these modifications people have done to his creation, I doubt he'd be praising them on their ingenuity, but rather he'd ask them Why did you do this to a system I labored so hard to create? Wasn't the system I created GOOD ENOUGH?" For tjose who doubt I am in any kind of business I offer a sample of my work and proof of my quality workmanship and precision.:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...3823&highlight=

You'll all be amazed I'm sure, especially those who are and will always be in my cheering section.

RichG1972

[adj]  not expressed; "secret (or private) thoughts"  

[adj]  concerning one person exclusively; "we all have individual cars"; "each room has a private bath"  

[adj]  concerning things deeply private and personal; "private correspondence"; "private family matters"  

[adj]  confined to particular persons or groups or providing privacy; "a private place"; "private discussions"; "private lessons"; "a private club"; "a private secretary"; "private property"; "the former President is now a private citizen"; "public figures struggle to maintain a private life"  

Antonyms:

public

So from this we can conclude that you randomly send email regarding your personal private matters to complete strangers on the internet?

I've heard of pecular fetishes before, but... YIKES! Shouldn't this be a private conversation?!?!?