IGNORED

Activision Anthology for GBA Announced

Albert

Well, Activision and Nintendo just approved the final version of Activision Anthology GBA. It's done!!!!! I'll post the exact street date here once we get one from Nintendo, but it looks like it'll be the first week in November to hit store shelves. If you want to get a copy a day or two earlier than the stores, you can preorder the title from the Aspyr online store. In fact, everybody here should go preorder their copy right now! Go! Stop reading this and order it now!!! The power of Atari compels you... :)

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/gba/actant/

-cnn

Well, Activision and Nintendo just approved the final version of Activision Anthology GBA.  It's done!!!!!  I'll post the exact street date here once we get one from Nintendo, but it looks like it'll be the first week in November to hit store shelves.  If you want to get a copy a day or two earlier than the stores, you can preorder the title from the Aspyr online store.  In fact, everybody here should go preorder their copy right now!  Go!  Stop reading this and order it now!!!  The power of Atari compels you... :)

-cnn

A day or two early :-)... It'll be on IRC in a week :-)

Silly pirates

Well, Activision and Nintendo just approved the final version of Activision Anthology GBA.  It's done!!!!!  I'll post the exact street date here once we get one from Nintendo, but it looks like it'll be the first week in November to hit store shelves.  If you want to get a copy a day or two earlier than the stores, you can preorder the title from the Aspyr online store.  In fact, everybody here should go preorder their copy right now!  Go!  Stop reading this and order it now!!!  The power of Atari compels you... :)

-cnn

I'll probably have to wait until next year to buy it (hopefully not beyond February), but I will buy it. I love these collections, but only when the games play like the originals, as the games in this collection are supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't give out an exact release date until it gets closer to the actual time. This is the busiest time of the year for manufacturing games, so the times are a little longer than usual. Once I get an exact date, I'll post it here.

Also, to the guy that mentioned getting the game on IRC early, it's probably not a good idea to discuss pirating our games here on a public forum that the publisher, developer, and licensee regularly visit. Just a heads up. :|

-cnn

I had a chance to play this game at a recent Game Stop mgrs. conference (no, I don't work there) and it was very cool, I meet a very enthusiastic rep from Aspyr name Jennifer who was wicked good at these games, and even that unfinished version was plenty smooth and fast and nothing at all like the pathetic Jakks emulation.

If any of the games were down around 90%, I cant say that I noticed, it all looked like much sweetness. Can't wait to carry around that many carts in my GBA SP as I look like a damn fool always walking around with 60 cartridges and a woody.

I just came from EBGames.com and they have a ship date of 11/11 for this but we know how these dates change ;)

EB just plain LIES.

They have release dates listed for games that the developers flat-out refuse to make statements about(go look up Duke Nukem Forever, which I'm sure 3D Realms will be shocked to find out is shipping in mid-April).

The fact that the GBA version will saves scores in just so cool. Can't figure out why they didn't do this on the PS2 version (at least I heard they didn't).

My guess is that since a score saving feature requires hacking into the game's code to identify the RAM locations used for scorekeeping, the PS2 version could have lacked this in order to save some development time..

On the other hand, since AFAIK the GBA version required lots of hacking into the code anyways, they probably got the occasion to include score saving!

Great feature to have!

Regards,

Rasty.-

The fact that the GBA version will saves scores in just so cool. Can't figure out why they didn't do this on the PS2 version (at least I heard they didn't).

My guess is that since a score saving feature requires hacking into the game's code to identify the RAM locations used for scorekeeping, the PS2 version could have lacked this in order to save some development time..

On the other hand, since AFAIK the GBA version required lots of hacking into the code anyways, they probably got the occasion to include score saving!

Great feature to have!

Regards,

Rasty.-

I think the thinking is the PS2 has to track the scores in order for you to open up the commercials, patches, and game modes. Because of that ability it would be reasonable to assume it could save that information on the memory card.

An unfortunate oversite on the programmers part.

• 2 weeks later...

ASSASSIN -

SOrry if this has been asked but VERY important QUESTION: "there's no room for playing music during the game."

Thats a quote from you from an earlier post. Just to make sure I read that right, does that mean there is NO sound effects/music at ALL when your actually playing one of the 2600 games? (Assuming of course the game had sound effects/music in the original 2600 cartridge release)

PLease Reply SOON! Got to know!! :?

Oh thank goodness, no music/sound during gameplay is a BIG no-no :D

Although, it would kinda be cool if in a future anthology type release, the games soundtracks were given CD quality soundtracks :-) Staying true to the melodies of the original music but expanding on them :-)