IGNORED

VGA boxes

Steven Pendleton

This is a timely discussion as I just picked up a Sega Sports Dreamcast to get back into this console again.

So, I have been thinking about some of the video out solutions. My son has an inexpensive VGA cable for his. The picture isn't too shabby with the OSSC. I will probably pick one up for mine as it will be good enough in the short term. If I decide to stick with analog video, I will wait for a good deal on the official Sega box. Everything that I have read beyond this forum seems to indicate that is the best way to go.

While DC Digital is appealing, who knows when that will be back in stock. If I am able to source one, I can have Stone Age Gamer install it for me. That is around $250 for board+install, and I am not sure if I want to spend that kind of money. I suspect I will have plenty of time to think about it.

$250 doesn't sound that bad. I honestly think I paid nearly that for just the original DCHDMI as it was called when it was first released. That is why I sat on it for a few months before finally attempting to install it as SMD level stuff isn't something I've done a lot of. But... it came out great so I was kinda mad at myself for not having installed it earlier LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, this is the one I use. Seems to work with my full game library, I’m guessing about 55 games. Not sure what else I can tell you about it.

A114097C-2FC7-41CC-AA2C-F13BE005702A.jpeg