IGNORED

What’s next for Evercade? Gimme your wish lists!

jerseystyle

Here’s another I’d like to see:

A serious, non-minimalistic Namco Arcade collection 1 + 2, (and also to play on the Evercade VS).

Putting out every arcade title they did for the combined PS2, Xbox and PSP releases.

And perhaps also throw in some goodies to boot.

They could chop it up on 3 carts.

That is, oh Namco - here thee what I speaketh - go bring this to our Evercades by strange means of reusings of thyne owne bought license of Mame… and copy-paste this unto white Evercade-carts and sell to us servile peasents and commoners in return for our copper-coins (that elsewise could have had feedeth our families!]
… 

[and…oh, Namco… behold below for reminder of content!!]

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

@Giles N I like that post from just after my last.

Would it benefit them to make games?  Shortsightedly yes, but realistically probably not.  I am sure if Piko sees this he'll probably add to this, but years ago when he got founded he started out licensing goods too starting with Wisdom Tree, I helped him proofread and draft some correspondence to sign up those deals as his first language wasn't english nor anywhere near as great as it is now.  I used to help behind the scenes a little here and there as needed with that, some typed up stuff, etc as we were online friends through web forums/chat.  He started out then like a decade ago doing what evercade is doing now for the last couple years, at least software side, he never did go into designing hardware.  Eventually his efforts came across quite a few prototypes and other unfinished works, or ideas that just made sense, and he ended up recruiting someone else who could code, damned genius person and move doing it, because it allowed many games to get their coding/assets finished (Dorke and Ymp) or making a version of a game that never existed (Jim Power) on a platform vs other platforms.

The thing is, it took years to get the stability, assets, and will to employ someone to design the games, and even then, they were rarely from the ground up like Jim Power.  Evercade would have to hire a small staff of game developers on good salary, full time, if not into overtime to make new product that works.  I don't think it would be financially wise or workable.  It's far easier to license and bundle, leaving development to others, than to finish up if not outright create and complete.  The costs of a license which you split the profit would make more sense, so they'd be better off pushing that direction.  There isn't a lack of 'new' stuff, look at some of the bundles, they're newly made in recent years like Megacat, or some of the goodies Piko has too which came out of China/HK/Taiwan area among other homebrew goods too.

If you couple that with the ease of picking a huge list of possbilities and then hoping these old license holders will be cool with it, the evercade could rack up dozens and dozens of new carts with a few games.  Some makers like pointed out already like EA, Capcom, Konami, Activision, etc could supply multiple libraries of games.  Not that it hasn't been pounded into it enough, SNK could supply a good many as well in volumes from their Anniversary package out now (diced up a few to fit the cart if needed) to their Neo Geo library which all use 4 buttons so that fits.  The best choice is multi-prong, a mix of licensing old goods known to sell to their target audience, but also getting the new goods that pump out steadily too.

• Like 2

I don’t know if the Evercade is capable of emulating Atari Jaguar games, but I’d thought it would be fun to come up with a list of games that can be included in a hypothetical Jaguar collection. Since the Evercade has fewer buttons than the Jaguar controller, I had to omit games that heavily rely on the Jaguar numeric pad. I also won’t list games that are present in pre-existing Evercade collections such as Cannon Fodder or Brutal Sports Football (Beast Ball).

Fifteen games sounds reasonable so here’s what I came up with:

Atari Karts (sharp steering can be mapped to shoulder buttons like the Jag pro controller)

Attack of the Mutant Penguins

Breakout 2000

Bubsy: Fractured Furry Tails

Defender 2000

Flashback

Hyper Force

Missile Command 3D

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

Power Drive Rally (headlights & horn can be mapped to shoulder buttons)

Raiden

Rayman

Super Burnout

Tempest 2000

Zool 2

• Like 1

I’ll take whatever I can get, but collections of nee homebrew games like Indie Heroes and Megacat, games I haven’t played before like Gaelco/Piko/Oliver Twins/Codemasters/etc, collections of games that are too expensive to buy like Renovation, and collections of games I love and want to have on the go like more Lynx games and Taito games and Konami games (especially obscure ones) are my top priorities.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wisdom Tree

Hmm, like the NES-titles…?

Am I wrong here?

Just get him to put his (theirs) titles onto a family-friendly cart…

… like, - potentially - 100 million US could buy it for their   k i d z   (well, parents gotta check out the most recent in gaming…)

DE36B94D-270C-4E8C-B79F-DF42991DEFA6.jpeg

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Not really interested in the Evercade per say, but I might be slightly more interested in it if Capcom released some Mega Man compilation carts on it, especially if they somehow managed to include Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10.

I'm wondering when Capcom will be on board with the Evercade.  They have tons of properties to make many collections!  MegaMan, 194x series, Ghosts n Goblins series, Gradius games and so much more!  There's console cart and arcade carts that they can do... oh the amount of collections!  :)

Speaking of collections on the Evercade... they have plans for another 12 collections for 2022!  No breakdown on how many are arcade collections vs console collections but I'm sure there will be a good mix!

Of the 12 collections for 2022 we do know the following:

1 - Renovation Collection (which is almost all new ground for me... it's exciting!)

2 - Intellivision Collection 2 (which has got to have Cloudy Mountain on it right?  RIGHT?!?!?)

Now these aren't necessarily the order of release but these are the known 2022 carts so far.  We should be receiving notice as for the next collection to be announced sometime in December.  Perhaps we will receive a Capcom MegaMan collection!?  lol

• Like 3

Gradius is Konami, and given their willingness to do weird stuff like the $50 premium MyArcade for just Contra, and the recent packs in the last couple of years over Castlevania, Contra, Gradius I could see them on board.  Capcom has their own arcade cabinet compilation emulator thing going where they nail you on each game separately, but with all that variety there too I could see them want to squeeze even more coin.  If they don't do it, they're having some control issues probably.

• Like 1

There can easily be multiple “red box” Capcom collections. There are so many Mega Man & Street Fighter games, those can be split off into their own dedicated cartridges.

Mega Man Collection 1 can include games 1-6.

Mega Man Collection 2 can include games 7-10.

The Mega Man X games can also be in their own dedicated cartridges, split into two other collections. Though I’m not sure about the animated FMVs in Mega Man X4.

Street Fighter Collection 1 can include:

1. Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight (NES)

2. Street Fighter II (SNES)

3. Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES)

4. Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES)

5. Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PS1)

Street Fighter Collection 2 can include:

1. Street Fighter/Fighting Street (Turbo CD, if possible)

2. Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (SNES)

3. Super Puzzle Fighter II (GBA)

4. Street Fighter Alpha (PS1)

5. Pocket Fighter (PS1)

There can also be one or two general Capcom collections with a variety of games such as 1942 (NES), 1943 (NES), Breath of Fire 1 & 2 (SNES), Commando (NES), Strider (NES), U.N. Squadron (SNES), Final Fight 3 (SNES), Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Genesis/MD), Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES), Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC), etc.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

1 - Renovation Collection (which is almost all new ground for me... it's exciting!)

I don’t collect a ton for the Genesis (there’s just too many games) but I do collect specifically for Renovation/Telenet Japan and play their ROMs. I have most of Wolf Team’s English-playable 16 bit games specifically (except not the expensive ones). There are some amazing games on there, some interestingly imperfect ones, and one dog.

Wanting to elaborate on how I mentioned TurboGrafx-16 for Evercade, I'd want to see these games in an Evercade collection:

Bonk's Adventure

Bonk's Revenge

Devil's Crush

Blazing Lasers

Lords of Thunder

Ys Book 1 and 2

Neutopia

Military Madness

Bomberman 93

Ninja Spirit

Legendary Axe

Time Cruise

R-Type

Bloody Wolf

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones

• Like 6

I would absolutely love a “red box” classic Dungeons & Dragons collection. They could include the following:

Eye of the Beholder (SNES)

Pool of Radiance (NES)

Hillsfar (NES)

Heroes of the Lance (NES or SMS)

Dragons of Flame (NES)

DragonStrike (NES)

Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Genesis/MD)

Order of the Griffon (TG16)

This would be an immediate purchase for me. I just love classic DnD video games.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Giles N said:

@Tanooki

Do you make/release games yourself?

Directly no, never have, I can't code at all as that was an epic failure of an experiment in the 90s.  I did work in the game industry for a couple years or so, then around 4-5 in the media after but we're now talking 15-20 years ago.  I've helped out here and there rarely on the side unofficially with specific things since, but not on some official capacity as I moved on.  The game industry on the whole is very volatile and pretty toxic if you want such things as great pay, job security, stability, like to not have to move a lot, etc.

16 hours ago, bugcatcher88 said:

I would absolutely love a “red box” classic Dungeons & Dragons collection. They could include the following:

Eye of the Beholder (SNES)

Pool of Radiance (NES)

Hillsfar (NES)

Heroes of the Lance (NES or SMS)

Dragons of Flame (NES)

DragonStrike (NES)

Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Genesis/MD)

Order of the Griffon (TG16)

This would be an immediate purchase for me. I just love classic DnD video games.

One and/or Several D&D gaming collections would be good for sure.  Heck, even an SSI collection of some kind would be great to see, too.

Edited by Hwlngmad
  • Like 2