IGNORED

Under the influence of hunger

neogeo1982

I put all three stars of upgrading in one skill, its better to focus on one skill and level up fast:

- level up search skill to 17-18, you will find more bread, keys, elixiers and better equipment, important skill, fast upgrades

- level up to hit bonus to skill level 2 before level 5 at latest

- strenght and dexterity to 12 at least, if you start with a strong character, game will be a lot easier

- damage bonus to skill level 1, fast and easy upgrade

- try to farm gold, don't waste it buying small elexiers. In later levels, you can buy medium elixiers, but try to save gold each run 

with a high search skill, you should find a lot of gold in the first 3 levels.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

There we go that's a lot better score and more crowns. 

20211030_223017_HDR.thumb.jpg.8c4010440f8ea3e9f8f1e45c2d8685ea.jpg

That's 45% of the game. You can move away, and step on the star were you start off again in order to see an illustration of the crowns placed on the 11 pointed Edom star.

5 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

Finally found another crown. 

20211030_212309.jpg

Which is the highest level that you have reached so far? The snow covered forest is level 7.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

Did another full run through last night. No additional crowns found this time. Clocking a lot of hours on this title to get all the crowns?. I hope Asteroite offers this many hours to get everything too...

Note that crowns may also appear in corridors. You really have to check every step if the crown indicator is showing "an ancient crown is near". Don't give up until that message dissapear, as there might be more than one crown on the same level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven't got my physical copy yet, and I am looking forward to play this again.

One time, I actually found all crowns in about 4-5 complete runs, and 3-4 partial runs. I only had 2 complete runs without any crowns that time. This was while I was chasing the final crown.

The time before, I had to play over 20-25 times, with at least 10 complete runs.

However, the most recent time a played it, I had lost my skill playing this game (while working on Asteroite). I could not even make one complete run, standing at 5 crowns.

I will get a new chance as soon as I get my physical copy. This copy I will keep in my personal museum, and I will not need to clear the savedata on it (I had to clear the savedata on the Skunkboard I used during development for other games)

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

Just finished my first go at the game :) only on one crown so far, I've got to level 4 a couple of times and 5 I think once. High score is in the 1700s at the moment. Died on level 1 first time, hit level 5 with one crown the second, had a few silly deaths and then reached level 4 again before succumbing to a troll and a goblin at the same time.

I've been keeping hit ratio and searching on most of the time and flipping others as needed, depending on how my character spawned (had one with low mana so had to up that pretty quickly). I've played through fatal labyrinth and it's master system/game gear varient, and I've played enough Azure Dreams for two lifetimes. Think I'm going to have to employ some speed run type tactics to avoid fights, the movable blocks gives lots of tactical advantages - one of the features I'm most happy is in the game! 

• Like 3