IGNORED

ElectricQuarter/Sylentwulf Collection for sale soon

Seph321

Some of you may remember me, my collection, or my old videogame business from the early days of ebay. Going to be selling parts, or all, of my collection soon. A few teaser pics are below, I'm currently adding it all to pricecharting.com's collection page just because it seems to be the most convenient for adding large chunks in, under user id Seph321. I'd really like to sell the whole thing to one person, but I'm not willing to take that much of a hit, frankly. Kind of feeling my way through this again after not really using online sales services for a good decade.

I've been out of touch for quite a while, is ebay the best place to use?

Is there a better collection management page than pricecharting that is easy and accurate before I get too carried away?

Any help appreciated. I'll be posting on here when I start getting things more firmly settled with the first things to go!

Seph / Sylentwulf

115984709_10224147924233865_5446447865332870555_n.jpg

115405403_10224147925913907_2917029140452928319_n.jpg

115747444_10224147926593924_2206278827686392516_n.jpg

115761347_10224147925153888_3143887706174591969_n.jpg

115812780_10224147923953858_3801278774969195710_n.jpg

Looks awesome all set up!

eBay is still the pricing standard, since it's sort of public. A lot of commerce has headed to Facebook, yuck!You might get some interest fishing around there than here in the not growing sale forum. There is the challenge of finding the right FB groups to advertise in, and the endless comments and questions. It's not very straightforward but somehow it still happens. 

Hey Seph,

I remember you from the days of DigitalPress (maybe even Daves VGC, Retrogames, Zophar?) I went by the name "zektor" in those forums in those good old days. And, I ordered a bit of stuff from your online business back then.

Ebay is not a great place anymore (at least in my book) as they have changed a whole lot in the way you receive money and a few other changes that have made me give up on selling there. Really your best bet is to price things and sell here and use ebay's sold for prices in order to give you an idea of what you should be asking for.

I am not sure how likely it would be for you to be able to sell the whole collection in one shot however. It might be some work individually listing stuff here, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Edited by eightbit

Selling on PriceCharting can be pretty good. I don’t sell much on any platform, but I frequently see an alert email about something on my wishlist and click it only to find it already sold. That said, I ended up selling my Genesis Game Factory flash cart for twice as much on eBay as I listed it for on PriceCharting, and it only lasted an hour on eBay after sitting on PriceCharting for a week.

I would try Mercari and Amazon too.

My only advice is probably obvious but ebay sadly still is a standard many use.  If you want to sell to people, and you're serious about moving things out and not waiting the long ride, do NOT use those price charting sites because their values are wrong most the time.  If you do use them or ebay, just find what you're comfortable with given what items sell at, then go a little under to move it, but not enough to get rolled for someone else to flip it.  If you don't use ebay, keep in mind they keep like 15%+ depending because they screw you charging fees on the shipping as well, so maybe give someone a 20% off cut to be fair to both parties.

Truly the best way to figure it out is excessively taxing, checking actual sold values on ebay history and compare the condition to yours as people have become very predatory, nitpicking and cut throat to a horrible level now that some bitchy little thing about a scuff, nick, or minor dent on a box or manual could slice the value considerably to some snoot.

I'd go with private sales from local stuff or using any tool possible that has enough seller protections in place.

@eightbit  Wow zektor eh?  I remember that from the 1990s.  I think I was doing a bit of work with Dave at that point on the forums as admin along with some news posting when he was on breaks. :)

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@eightbit  Wow zektor eh?  I remember that from the 1990s.  I think I was doing a bit of work with Dave at that point on the forums as admin along with some news posting when he was on breaks. :)

Indeed, the one and only :) As a matter of fact I did have an account right here on AA with the same name in later years, but I was not a regular at the time, forgot my PW and it was associated with an email address I no longer had. So, new accout was made here around a decade or so ago using "eightbit"....and here I am ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eightbit said:

Indeed, the one and only :) As a matter of fact I did have an account right here on AA with the same name in later years, but I was not a regular at the time, forgot my PW and it was associated with an email address I no longer had. So, new accout was made here around a decade or so ago using "eightbit"....and here I am ;)

Dang…Sylentwulf and now zektor-two names I haven’t seen in forever on DP (I am Yoshim on DP which is a very quiet place these days).

Good luck on the sale! That is one helluva nice looking collection!

• Like 2

Ahh yeah I remember that name too, used to go by VmprHntrD in the 90s into the 00s.  Buried it due to ties with Vertigo2099/Ghost in the Machine ROM hack/release group stuff, #oldwarez/#emu, translation of Japanese emulator menus, testing/support of earlier emulator projects, iNES header documentation file, etc.  So dating myself, but well that went into use in 1995/1996.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, holygrailvideogames.com said:

It has been awhile since you have logged in under your old name.  

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/427-sylentwulf/

Good luck with your sales.  I remember you from way back.

Yeah, I was guessing about 10 years, lol. All the account contacts, e-mails, passwords are long gone from my head by now!

On 11/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, eightbit said:

Hey Seph,

I remember you from the days of DigitalPress (maybe even Daves VGC, Retrogames, Zophar?) I went by the name "zektor" in those forums in those good old days. And, I ordered a bit of stuff from your online business back then.

Ebay is not a great place anymore (at least in my book) as they have changed a whole lot in the way you receive money and a few other changes that have made me give up on selling there. Really your best bet is to price things and sell here and use ebay's sold for prices in order to give you an idea of what you should be asking for.

I am not sure how likely it would be for you to be able to sell the whole collection in one shot however. It might be some work individually listing stuff here, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Hey! Good to hear from you! I started listing the Gamecube and PS2 games on ebay last night and today since I had the days off. I'd have no problem ending any of them early for a sale here! (Probably still get stuck with the FVF's nowadays though)

• Like 1

I remember you!

well, the good news (for you) is that prices have skyrocketed the last decade so you should do pretty good :)

The bad news is, selling all in one chunk (without taking a big hit) is pretty unlikely :(

If you want to sell quickly I would recommend at least bundling each genre together (nes lot, atari lot, sega lot, etc...)

Still going to be tough to get top dollar with those size of lots though, your market gets limited the more expensive it gets...

Depending on what you have many games do make more sense to sell individually...just make sure you don't get stuck with a bunch of commons though ;)

Good luck man...Oh, and be careful about the tax man, they've changed a lot of rules and limits via ebay/paypal, etc... check your states laws/thresholds/etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seph321 said:

Hey! Good to hear from you! I started listing the Gamecube and PS2 games on ebay last night and today since I had the days off. I'd have no problem ending any of them early for a sale here! (Probably still get stuck with the FVF's nowadays though)

I didn't see a link to your ebay, would help if you wanted to make a sale considering if you cancel it there, you don't have the 15% FVF hitting you on the item and charging you a fee off the shipping too.

• Like 1

I wasn't on any forums pre 2006 for financial reasons but I was on other technical forums since then with the same username, but you seem like a pretty big deal. I would be happy to send Paypal friends and family for anything fairly low in value. I might not send a hundred bucks FnF but I am sure others might. 

That being said, I too would love to look at an eBay link because I have both the consoles you mentioned.

Another bit of advice is that I would look into priateship.com. free account and the discounts are similar to paypal or ebay shipping discounts. Don't go straight to USPS for shipping. It will always cost more. 

You did mention that you used to sell a lot but I'm not sure if you've heard of pirateship, or even how new that even is.  

Edited by Dopy25

• 2 weeks later...