IGNORED

OPA Gary!

dhe

Today, marks a full 11 months of freedom here in Canada.

I made amazing progress so far in restarting and rebuilding my life and I am looking forward to celebrating my 55th birthday soon, which falls on Mother's Day.

So, let's try to complete the GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/f/garyopa-restarting-his-life

PXL_20240425_200705975.jpg

• Like 1

It was finally a nice sunny day, so I worked out in my condo's little backyard area and I was able to setup a nice swing seat which will allow me to relax and enjoy the outdoors more. Got the BBQ working as well with a little table and chairs. The only thing left is patio lights.

PXL_20240502_233232972.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Good God, I am half that.

Well sadly at the moment I running at about 310pound level but I got 50 pounds in my swollen left leg. I mainly got the swing to see how it works in keeping my leg off the ground a bit to reduce pressure on my ankle when I sitting normally. And to relax outside with my coffee and phone instead of just sitting in my office all day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In honor of #MSX the #MaySiXth event.

I present to you the amazing #V9938 video display processor that was an upgrade to the original #TMS9918.

In 1990, OPA released the "Tiny-TIM" which allowed you to swap out your old VDP and replace it with the newer #V9958 with 192k of RAM.

The internal die shots of the VDP are from RCAVictorCo and maddoka on Twitter. Thanks!

post-41593-0-43626300-1526990113~2.jpg

20240506_102616.jpg

20240506_102639.jpg

20240506_102658.jpg

20240506_102645.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Gary,

I spent sometime looking at your TIM Board, I made a rough copy, lots of unknowns though. I could make it functional if I had a enough time. When you first posted this I was excited as I was looking at making a plugin board using the V9958, so what I did was took my schematic and designed it around your board. I have put a few X pins where I do not know where they go or what they do. If you want me to reproduce your board I would be very happy for any help with the schematics. Regards Arto.

TIM-1Pica1a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Artoj said:

Hi Gary,

I spent sometime looking at your TIM Board, I made a rough copy, lots of unknowns though. I could make it functional if I had a enough time. When you first posted this I was excited as I was looking at making a plugin board using the V9958, so what I did was took my schematic and designed it around your board. I have put a few X pins where I do not know where they go or what they do. If you want me to reproduce your board I would be very happy for any help with the schematics. Regards Arto.

TIM-1Pica1a.png

many thanks. yes, we could work together on making a proper reproduction of the design. do you have actual tim itself to look at, or just photos. -- let's discuss this in more detail by DM, send me the files you made so far, and the software you are using and i will take a look over it early next week.

i want to get back into making some pcboards myself, but the last cad software i used was orcad and hiwire plus, so i got to catch up, and you been doing some amazing designs so far in your thread.

thanks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have made amazing progress in restarting my life during my 1st year of Canadian Freedom after serving 30 months at SeaTac and then 2 months at ICE

And I am now looking forward to the next phase in finding a steady job.

Thanks to UNILAD for this update: https://www.unilad.com/technology/news/nintendo-hacker-gary-bowser-prison-salary-full-time-job-399110-20240523

I thank everyone that has supported my GoFundMe over the last 12 months!

And looking forward to making more progress to reaching my goal!

And to continue my passion and love for TI99 Computers.

Thanks again, everyone your kind words and support is welcome: https://www.gofundme.com/f/garyopa-restarting-his-life

• Like 3