IGNORED

Millipede 7800 - what is this?

jgkspsx

5 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

So it sounds like the trakball coding is new? That might be a reason to give it a go. It was not in the official hack list I found on here. @gambler172 is this available as a rom or otherwise?

I think “hack” and “official” are kind of contradictory, lol.

Have you downloaded @Trebor‘s Pro Pack? He has quite the collection of hacks, homebrews and demos in there and this might be included.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

So it sounds like the trakball coding is new? That might be a reason to give it a go. It was not in the official hack list I found on here. @gambler172 is this available as a rom or otherwise?

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

I think “hack” and “official” are kind of contradictory, lol.

Have you downloaded @Trebor‘s Pro Pack? He has quite the collection of hacks, homebrews and demos in there and this might be included.

So here's what's in v3.7 of Trebor's Pro Pack in terms of Millipede-type games:

image.thumb.png.5697a78f04486f3013b87d026644ef42.png

There's also two games called "Minipede" which I've never played but are probably in the same vein.

Trebor's Pro Pack can be downloaded here

• Like 1

I won the auction. I got a sizable bonus at work a few months back and have been dedicating it to completing my 7800 boxed collection and getting as many homebrews, prototypes etc.

It never crossed my mind that somebody may have taken somebody else’s work, made a cartridge and sold it for profit without consent. I’ve messaged both the seller and gambler to make sure If that’s what is happening that the right thing is done on my part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sorry my phone wouldn’t let me edit for some reason after my fat thumb landed on the quote so this goes along with the quote above. 

it took me a while to understand but this millipede for the 7800 isn’t millipede like we are thinking. It was an April fools thing done. The seller was cagey as to what it actually was and said he couldn’t or wouldn’t verify etc. 

he was also dishonest in the tank command game. He listed it as reproduction? With the question mark as if there was a chance it could be real, but again a simple google search would show otherwise. Gambler is a good man and wanted to make sure nobody wasted time and money on something if it wasn’t as it seemed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

...it took me a while to understand but this millipede for the 7800 isn’t millipede like we are thinking...

What the game is was nailed by the OP..

23 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Seems like just a graphics hack of Centipede...

That is exactly it. 

No new gameplay elements as found in Arcade Millipede.  All the available Centipede graphics were modified to match their Millipede counterparts, nothing more, outside the addition of Trak-Ball support. 

There are Centipede hacks with Trak-Ball support, graphics updated to better represent the Arcade Centipede original, as well as Frameless, Dark bezel, and Arcade bezel options.. thanks to @Defender_2600

938385660_7800Centipedevariations.PNG.e0c2b93021b543ff4b7c6f0a1471bfbc.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Jinks said:

I would buy it for 10 bucks for the uncompleted hack f it went to Gambler. Other than that would be stupid to not research and know what your buying. 

RIP OFF!!

To be fair I did do some research prior to placing my bid. I was curious and the things I did find about what it could be on google intrigued me. I didn’t find anything on the April fools version so I wasn’t aware of that. And as I stated before, I earned a fair bit of play money for my performance at work this year and wanted to dedicate it to my 7800 collection. Either way once this thread was made I contacted all parties involved and made a decision how to proceed. I don’t feel stupid tbh. 

maybe more money than sense atm but I’m new to this stuff and I’ve been educated a bit. 

Edited by Silver Back
Spelling and finished thought
  • Like 2