IGNORED

Atari VCS (retail deals/discount thread)

Mockduck

14 minutes ago, OscarGungan said:

Is there any advantage to playing the recharged games on the VCS like extra missions? Tempted by Breakout Recharged because of the paddle feature on the classic controller.

Some games (Gravitar and Asteroids for example) really benefit from the twist feature of the classic. I would consider the VCS version to be the definitive way to play those games. 

Dang, I saw some titles when I hopped on the Atari OS tonight. Tempest 4000 for less than a McDonald's Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel?  Oooooo....I have it for Switch (physical) but to play it with the classic stick.....

I play more on the go (just got Donut Dodo and its kin for my Steam Deck) but these prices are tempting.

5 hours ago, T.A.P. said:

Is the sale still going?

On 6/28/2024 at 8:58 PM, Mockduck said:

The VCS Store has 25%, 50% and a few mega discounts going on as of 8pm Eastern (-4 GMT) tonight (Friday, June 28th, 2024)

No.

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2024 at 11:35 PM, Sauron said:

That's a pretty good sale, at least for the VCS hardware. I'm seriously tempted to buy a backup system.

I got two bundles, one for the speaker hat and the other so I'd have two sets of controllers. Thinking about selling the 2nd deck on fleabay.

On 8/31/2024 at 9:38 AM, wongojack said:

Sure you don't want the Speakerhat bundle?

No, I like the hat, but I hate that they put speakers in just about everything these days. The Revolve folding chair came with them. Dumb. Give me the nice hat without them for a better price.

On 9/2/2024 at 7:02 AM, Blatherskite said:

I think its kinda neat myself!

Me too. If you are going to get a cheap PC, why not this?

AAAAND UPS just dropped it off with some crap for my wife and a new brake drum for my boat trailer. This will be a good weekend. VCS tomorrow, Lake Sunday.

• Haha 1