IGNORED

Upload to atarimania.com?

13 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Hi!  I want to upload my MadLibAtari program to atarimania.com.  How do I go about doing that?  I e-mailed them twice but got no response.  :(

I'm sure someone can correct me but there was/is a way to ftp up software but I've never gotta a straight answer on how to do this. As far as your program, I think anything of any significance should be allowed to be considered for Atarimania and programs to this day are being uploaded so I don't see why yours shouldn't have a chance to be considered. 
Now, I do see an entry for that program. http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-madlibatari_38262.html

Edited by Justin Payne

I've not had a lot of luck over the years reaching anyone, and even when I do, nothing that I've ever donated has ever been added. I don't want to complain too much though, as I know the guys that run it are extremely busy and they have a top-notch, wonderful site that has been of immense help to me over the years. It can be a little frustrating trying to get items added to the site though.

Edited by bfollowell

Hi Harry Potter, i'm sorry no one has contacted you back :(

I run ST compatibles side of things and unfortunately don't have any access to A8 stuff or database, so i didn't reply to your mail. Usually A8 admins should have done that. My apologies from behalf of Atarimania.

@Atarimania or anyone else from A8 - are you still active?

Edited by marakatti

Well, it's a start at least... Hopefully someone can assist you further.

I can understand the frustration when people spend their free time and energy to create contributions. At the moment it takes way too long for them to appear to the website but there's not much we can do about it :(

We usually have just one person per platform to handle ALL the work, so the amount of contributions is way, way bigger what we have free time for.

I still have stuff sent to me over 2 years ago which i haven't been able to verify and archive. It's 3 to 4 Atarimania guys against over 300 people who have sent material for archiving over the years. That's the negative side of this hobby. No matter how fast, realiable and precise we would like to be, there's always real life issues slowing us down. And when you grow older, you don't have energy anymore to stay up all night to process contributions when kids and wife are sleeping. That's the human side of this.

It frustrates us as much as it frustrates the hard working Atari community. We can only try our best, because we can't keep up with the amount of contributions at the moment.

• Thanks 1