IGNORED

Posters and Yars' Comic

Redcurrie

I just picked up some stuff and in it was a Yars' Revenge, The Quartile Ultimatum Comic book and 2 mint Swordquest Posters, Earthworld and Fireworld. The posters look like they came in a cart box because they are folded to that size and must have been part of a contest because the bottom was made to be torn off and mailed in. Any idea of what these would be worth in cash or trade? I'm not attached to them and would be more interested in carts or cash for carts...... :ponder:

The posters, aside from being cool, were made for the Swordquest competitions Atari held. There were to be 4 contests, one for each of the titles: Earthworld, Fireworld, Waterworld, and Airworld. Grand prizes for each included, variously, a jewel-encrusted sword (Earthworld), a jewel-encrusted silver chalice (Waterworld), a jewel-encrusted crown (Fireworld? Or Airworld?) and one other that escapes me. Anyhow, the crash hit, Airworld was never released (it's argued whether coding had even begun on it), and the final prize was never won. The tear sheet at the bottom of those posters were entry forms for these contests.

In any event, neither the posters nor the Qotile Ultimatum are particularily valuable -- I just got a boxed Yar's Revenge with that comic (as well as the Atari Force #2 comic book that was also included). You might get $5 apiece for the posters, perhaps a little more. The Yar comic might be worth a bit more if it came with the rest of the Yar's Revenge package.

You have most of it right, but for Earthworld the prize was a medallion with a small sword on it, (Steve Bell, the man who won it, sold it to a jewler who let him keep the sword part). Fireworld had the Challis, which the man who won it still has it in his safety deposit box. Waterworld was a Crown, which now body won. Airworld had a Philosopher stone, then the grand prize to one of these four winners was going to be the Sword with all the jewels on it.

:) :) :)