IGNORED

SDrive-Simple - Yet Another Hardware Variation

mytek

23 hours ago, Panther said:

Are there any other changes to the TK version, or is it just the navigation?

Also, what key codes map to PgUp/PgDown and F5/F8 (or are these hardware controlled from the TKII)?

This breaks down what each key sends if you peek memory location 764.

TK-II_Nav-Key_codes.png.c7e6fd2b592ad52516bfc8013005c942.png

These codes are without Control or Shift being pressed on the PS/2 keyboard. But Control and Shift are being automatically used by the TK-II to produce these key codes.

1200 XL navigation in play

• Page-Up = SHIFT+F1
  • Page-Down = SHIFT+F2
  • Home = SHIFT+F3
  • END = SHIFT+F4

And the arrow keys are the equivalent to the Control+Arrows of the Atari. Insert and Delete pretty much mimic the keys of the same name on the Atari, and will respond the same when used with Control or Shift combinations.

SHIFT+Home will clear the screen.

--------------------

The SDRIVE control file is an ATR which needs to be named sdrive.atr and placed in the root of the SD card. It contains the various *.com files. I forget what DOS is being used, and I'm away from my shop without access to any Atari computers or my SDrives at the moment.

Thanks for working on this, and hopefully we'll get it all sorted out soon. Be nice to have a more universal solution than what I did.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mytek said:

This breaks down what each key sends if you peek memory location 764.

TK-II_Nav-Key_codes.png.c7e6fd2b592ad52516bfc8013005c942.png

These are without Control or Shift being pressed.

The SDRIVE control file is an ATR which needs to be named sdrive.atr and placed in the root of the SD card. It contains the various *.com files. I forget what DOS is being used, and I'm away from my shop without access to any Atari computers or my SDrives at the moment.

Thanks for working on this, and hopefully we'll get it all sorted out soon. Be nice to have a more universal solution than what I did.

That's exactly what I set for the arrow keys.  I'll look at where to map the other keys, then I'll copy the SDRIVE.COM file to the .atr image.

1 minute ago, Panther said:

That's exactly what I set for the arrow keys.  I'll look at where to map the other keys, then I'll copy the SDRIVE.COM file to the .atr image.

I just edited my post about the same time you posted, so you might want to read it again because I added a bit more info.

Anyway I'm about to go watch some TV with the other half, so I'll be signing off for today. Have a good night :)

24 minutes ago, mytek said:

Anyway I'm about to go watch some TV with the other half, so I'll be signing off for today. Have a good night :)

Got it, thank you.  I just don't know what the 1200XL navigation listed is for, do you mean if you press Shift-F1 on the 1200XL it's supposed to send a PageUp?

I figure your project deserves this.

16 hours ago, Panther said:

I just don't know what the 1200XL navigation listed is for, do you mean if you press Shift-F1 on the 1200XL it's supposed to send a PageUp?

I just put this together a few minutes ago, and this should hopefully answer your question.

SDrive_Stock_vs_TK-II.png.e6a57bd00e4f384d9c238c96e55a7c87.png

EDIT: And yes a 1200XL's shifted function keys will mimic those same PS/2 navigation keys. So if you get it working on a 1200XL, then it'll work on a PS/2 keyboard connected to the Atari via a TK-II as well.

I'll re-post the equivalency between the two...

• Page-Up = SHIFT+F1
  • Page-Down = SHIFT+F2
  • Home = SHIFT+F3
  • END = SHIFT+F4

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mytek said:

EDIT: And yes a 1200XL's shifted function keys will mimic those same PS/2 navigation keys. So if you get it working on a 1200XL, then it'll work on a PS/2 keyboard connected to the Atari via a TK-II as well.

I'll re-post the equivalency between the two...

• Page-Up = SHIFT+F1
  • Page-Down = SHIFT+F2
  • Home = SHIFT+F3
  • END = SHIFT+F4

I've no 1200XL here to test on, but I do see what's needed now.  I'll configure the Shift-function keys (everything else should already work).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panther said:

All keys should work with this one, regardless of the platform.

SDRIVE.ATR 130.02 kB · 1 download

Yep that one works for me in all regards except for one thing. I can't get it to update the config file, even though it says it did. So for instance if I cycle the SIO speed from 6 to 2 by pressing U, and then I do a Control W, followed by pressing U and then Y after which it says "Cfg written", but when rebooting I'm back to the default SIO speed of 6.

So just to be sure that there wasn't something wrong on my system or that I wasn't doing it right, I replaced sdrive.atr on the SD card with what I had been using before, and then did the same thing. It worked!

Next I used MakeATR to extract the sdrive.cfg file from that working version, and then inserted that in place of the one on your file. Then I copied that over to my SD card and rebooted. It once again defaulted to SIO speed 6. Then just for grins I tried changing the speed and went to write it to the SD card and it stalled for quite a while and finally reported an Error #$90 (whatever that means).

So strange :ponder:

Can you test the config write on your side to see if you are getting the same behavior?

P.S. Thanks for what you've done thus far :)

I'm out of town for the weekend (just flew up to Northern California earlier this afternoon), but can figure this out when I return.  This is very strange, I didn't touch anything related to config saves as far as I know.  I'm sure I can figure it out though.  You are most welcome.

10 hours ago, Panther said:

I'm out of town for the weekend (just flew up to Northern California earlier this afternoon), but can figure this out when I return.  This is very strange, I didn't touch anything related to config saves as far as I know.  I'm sure I can figure it out though.  You are most welcome.

What part of Northern CA are you visiting? I live in Santa Rosa about an hour away from San Francisco.

Oh and take your time with delving into the config issue. And I too thought it strange that this was in any way connected with what you had modified.

14 hours ago, mytek said:

What part of Northern CA are you visiting? I live in Santa Rosa about an hour away from San Francisco.

Oakland, then spent the day up in Mendocino County, visiting Navarro Vineyard, Little River, and Mendocino, plus a walk through some redwoods along the Navarro River.  It's been a long day!  I plan to head home tomorrow, whenever I feel rested enough.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 6:06 AM, Panther said:

Does anyone know what the SDRIVERF.COM version is?  It was on the ATR image I have, but I don't know what the configuration difference is.

The original manual talks about "RAMCart feeder". Don't know, what it is for.

atari000.png

On 5/11/2024 at 1:07 AM, mytek said:

Next I used MakeATR to extract the sdrive.cfg file from that working version, and then inserted that in place of the one on your file. Then I copied that over to my SD card and rebooted. It once again defaulted to SIO speed 6. Then just for grins I tried changing the speed and went to write it to the SD card and it stalled for quite a while and finally reported an Error #$90 (whatever that means).

Maybe your SDRIVE.ATR has the read only flag set?

9 hours ago, Panther said:

Oakland, then spent the day up in Mendocino County, visiting Navarro Vineyard, Little River, and Mendocino, plus a walk through some redwoods along the Navarro River.  It's been a long day!  I plan to head home tomorrow, whenever I feel rested enough.

Sounds like you had a great day.

There used to be a Boy Scout camp over in the Navarro area. I was never a scout, but I did help some many years ago to get the camp ready for the summer. We did some brush clearing and cut-down quite a few widow maker trees. That was back when I was young and had a good back - I miss those times.

21 hours ago, kbr said:

Maybe your SDRIVE.ATR has the read only flag set?

Possibly. I'll have to check when I get back to my shop tomorrow.

I just checked it and am seeing the same issue.  I'll have to figure it out later when I'm not so tired from all the running around over the weekend.  I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Sleep is overrated.  I just connected my SDrive-MAX, running firmware version 1.2, to USB power and used the touch-screen to try saving settings and they didn't save.  I'm not even sure how the config settings are actually stored or retrieved on this.  I deleted the SDRIVE.ATR file and the saved settings (that can't be changed) still came up.  Formatting the drive did stop them from coming up, but even on a freshly formatted microSD card with the original SDrive-MAX 1.2 SDRIVE.ATR file, I can't save settings either from the device or the SDRIVE program.  I haven't used this thing in ages, but I do remember it working previously.

Okay, I'd forgotten about the SaveIm option when saving the settings.  That allows saving settings from the touch screen, but it's still really screwy because then I can get it to boot SDRIVE.ATR at which point it remounts the images as saved within the SDRIVE.ATR file instead of however the unit itself saves settings and then reboots to boot what was originally mounted.  Does anyone else have issues with these?