IGNORED

SDrive-Simple - Yet Another Hardware Variation

mytek

39 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Panther, should this work on all of the SDRIVE MAX on down to the simple or?

I really have no idea.  I don't know that much about the SDrive lineup and what the software differences are between them, but you can always try it on whatever you have.  I saw that there's an SDrive-Max version 1.3 available, so I just extracted that and used it as the basis for this version.  I'm including just the .atr file and the full source files.

sdrive.atr SDrive-v06-20240513.rar

• Like 1

This works with the SDrive-Max, versions 1.2 and 1.3.  I tested it with an SDrive² but it showed "Incompatible v01 with #1  SDrive-A".  I'll see if there's an update to the SDrive², but it is ARM based, so it wouldn't be as simple for someone to port the newer versions to.

10 hours ago, Panther said:

Okay, I'd forgotten about the SaveIm option when saving the settings.  That allows saving settings from the touch screen, but it's still really screwy because then I can get it to boot SDRIVE.ATR at which point it remounts the images as saved within the SDRIVE.ATR file instead of however the unit itself saves settings and then reboots to boot what was originally mounted.  Does anyone else have issues with these?

This are two different things:

• SaveIm saves the actual loaded images to the EEPROM of the SDrive-MAX itself, and are inserted at power on of the device
  • SDRIVE.ATR has it's own save file (SDRIVE.CFG) and is loaded when the control program(SDRIVE.COM) starts. SDRIVEN.COM prevent this config to load.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:07 AM, mytek said:

Yep that one works for me in all regards except for one thing. I can't get it to update the config file, even though it says it did. So for instance if I cycle the SIO speed from 6 to 2 by pressing U, and then I do a Control W, followed by pressing U and then Y after which it says "Cfg written", but when rebooting I'm back to the default SIO speed of 6.

So just to be sure that there wasn't something wrong on my system or that I wasn't doing it right, I replaced sdrive.atr on the SD card with what I had been using before, and then did the same thing. It worked!

Next I used MakeATR to extract the sdrive.cfg file from that working version, and then inserted that in place of the one on your file. Then I copied that over to my SD card and rebooted. It once again defaulted to SIO speed 6. Then just for grins I tried changing the speed and went to write it to the SD card and it stalled for quite a while and finally reported an Error #$90 (whatever that means).

So strange :ponder:

Can you test the config write on your side to see if you are getting the same behavior?

P.S. Thanks for what you've done thus far :)

Think i found the problem of this image:

atari000.png.ce67e310e7aa229dd107b313e5291279.png

SDRIVE.ATR has a special bootloader, where the start sectors of the files are hardcoded, so there should be nothing changed at the file structure.

Originally SDRIVE.COM starts at sector 4, at this version there is SDRIVEN.COM at sector 4, so you are always running the version without loading the config.

And the other files could not be loaded with the simple boot menu by holding down the SHIFT key during boot at this version, because they are at other sectors.

Original:

atari001.png.2236e9f3a894614e6c9944a62fa6e237.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kbr said:

SDRIVE.ATR has a special bootloader, where the start sectors of the files are hardcoded, so there should be nothing changed at the file structure.

Originally SDRIVE.COM starts at sector 4, at this version there is SDRIVEN.COM at sector 4, so you are always running the version without loading the config.

And the other files could not be loaded with the simple boot menu by holding down the SHIFT key during boot at this version, because they are at other sectors.

Ah, thank you for that info.  Now it makes sense.  I've attached a new version here with the newer version with a few more changes, this time with the start sectors corrected.

sdrive.atr SDrive-v06-20240513.rar

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2024 at 6:33 PM, Bobofett said:

Not sure if sharing links is allowed but here it goes, got it from Ali, it is the TF module in this link: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005001861949506.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.41.21ef194dvJCLs4&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp

You have to rewire accordingly as can be seen in my previous picture.

Thank you. I find them and already ordered.

(it was not simple search - we have a special AliExpress application for russian customers, and not all goods available for us :-(( )

On 5/14/2024 at 12:14 AM, Panther said:

I've attached a new version here with the newer version with a few more changes, this time with the start sectors corrected.

I just tested this on my 576NUCplus4 which has an SDrive-ng (latest version). Everything works as it should now 👍

Thank you ever so much :)

5 hours ago, mytek said:

I just tested this on my 576NUC+plus4 which has an SDrive-ng (latest version). Everything works as it should now 👍

Thank you ever so much :)

Great!  You're welcome.  And thank you, kbr for the hardcoded sector info.

By the way, I used Google Translate to try to translate the Czech comments in the source code...sometimes this came out rather weird.  This one was very funny.

Source code comment:

"mezernik promaze spodek"

Google translation:

"the space bar lubricates the bottom"

The actual meaning was:

space bar clears the bottom (of the display)

Still, I was laughing.

• Haha 1

lubricates liquidates, this was a conversation had not all that long ago... it's weirdly correct when following the word logic definition and reasoning- and yet it's wrong in English. Clears, erases the whole thing, eradicates the whole thing, liquidation of the line, lubrication is a form of liquid washing it away.

20 minutes ago, Panther said:

"the space bar lubricates the bottom"

I think that could be useful in jail. Oh wait a minute I read that as soap bar not space bar :)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mytek said:

@Panther do I have your permission to place your updated sdrive.atr on my website?

Of course.  I just made a few tweaks to someone else's software and it's to accommodate your hardware anyway.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MVladimir said:

Sorry, I can't find this software. Can somebody share it or post link, where to find it. 

Thank's in advance.

This is happy-master.