IGNORED

Modern VCS Owners Geographical Survey (Ongoing)

justclaws

Modern VCS Owners - Geographical Survey (Ongoing)  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you living, as an actual modern VCS owner?

• The USA
    • Oceana (Australia, New Zealand etc.)
    • Canada
    • Continental Europe (EU or not)
    • The UK or Ireland/Eire
    • Central or South America
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • N/A - not a modern VCS owner

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Bonjour , petit bonjour de Bretagne  - FRANCE  . J'ai une reservé ma collector sur Indiego en mai 2018 . Ensuite sur le site " leboncoin " en 2022 acheté une 2eme  collector , puis une onyx , puis un Atari vcs speakerhat bundle .  Soit 4 exemplaires .   3 sont utilisés ( local travail , borne arcade avec Batocera et une que je deplace ) .  J'ai eu toutes les generations ATARI depuis 1978 : pong + vcs 2600 + 800xl + 520st + lynx + jaguar et c'est avec grand plaisir que j'utilise mes VCS 2018 .  Maintenant c'est incomprehensible qu'ATARI ai bloqué les ventes hors USA sans explication , alors que c’était possible avant pendant plusieurs mois .  stupide , alors qu'il m’envoie encore les pubs et promotions !!!!  

Hello , little hello from region Brittany - FRANCE  . I have a reserved my collector on Indiego may 2018 . Then on the site " leboncoin " in 2022 bought a 2nd collector , then an onyx , then an Atari vcs speakerhat bundle .  Or 4 copies .    3 are used (local work, arcade terminal with Batocera and one I move).  I have had all ATARI generations since 1978: pong + vcs 2600 + 800xl + 520stf + lynx2 + jaguar and it is with great pleasure that I use my 2018 VCS .  Now it is incomprehensible that ATARI blocked sales outside the USA without explanation, whereas it was possible before for several months .  stupid, so let him send me the ads and promotions again!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Lima, Peru. I recently received my atari vcs onyx 800 base and a wireless modern controller. I am very happy with it, I have many retro consoles from atari 2600 to ps3 and xbox360, the only modern thing is a nintendo switch and now this atari vcs. I'm going to boost the ram and add ssd to take advantage of pc mode and test the gamepass.

• Like 5

On 6/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, RollOut said:

Welcome to the VCS 800 club, @chriSBA28. It's great to see some action in South America. Out of curiosity, how easy was it to get a console in Lima?

Greetings RollOut, here in Peru I have not seen anyone who sells the console. But to me it seems like a beautiful console, that's why I decided to buy it, I had to import it from the USA through a Peruvian shipping company that is based in Miami.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I think I brought the last one in Australia, after I got mine from amazon they were all sold out. Pretty lucky considering considering we usually can't get stuff from the atari vcs store and the cost for people in europe to get one. I also got an extra classic controller before they jacked up the price. Really enjoy those paddle games and the vector games, I also installed linux mint for other emulators. Major havoc is favorite game on the system.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Late to the party but vote submitted.  I live in the Myrtle Beach area in South Carolina.  I just order a VCS all in one this morning from Atari.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get here, haha.

I only got the regular bundle, what is the difference with the Collector's Edition?  Is there anything extra with it or is it just numbered?  I see they are still available on Atari's store.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I missed the poll but central NY here. Johnstown to be exact. I'm really enjoying the VCS despite my gamer friends giving me the "You shoulda bought an Xbox Series X or a PS5". I honestly couldn't give two flips about modern games. I grew up on Atari and the VCS fulfills exactly what I want out of a gaming system right now. 

• Like 3

On 1/22/2024 at 7:26 PM, Rockymin said:

Late to the party but vote submitted.  I live in the Myrtle Beach area in South Carolina.  I just order a VCS all in one this morning from Atari.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get here, haha.

I only got the regular bundle, what is the difference with the Collector's Edition?  Is there anything extra with it or is it just numbered?  I see they are still available on Atari's store.

I am sure that you've probably had your unit for quite some time. Hope you are enjoying it! Regarding the Collector's Edition, I believe the only differences are a different type of wood on the front plate (teak), it being numbered, and a certificate of authenticity. Someone with a unit can correct me if I am wrong.

Did you get the Onyx model or the Black Walnut?

In Cleveland Ohio, I have a XBOX series X bought the 50th collection and started thinking of the hours of fun I had with the original 2600. Just bought the VCS then rebought the 50th and been buying the recharged series games. I find myself playing on the VCS more then the XBOX now.

• Like 2

Brooklyn NYC here. Have had the VCS and the XBOX Series S since Christmas 2021. Though I use the Series S for Flight Simulator and the occasional RPG, boxing game, I enjoy the VCS for modern and old pick up and play games. Being that I own every Atari console produced (since 1975), I find the VCS a perfect blend of old meets new. I really hope this console continues to exist in 2024 and beyond...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the game I am, as always. Saratoga Springs, NY here. Purchased a Black Walnut All-In brand new in January, and a previously owned Gamestop Onyx from someone on Ebay in March. I've been a 2600 and Commodore guy since 1982, a big PC gamer from 1990 to 2004 (DOS platform and FPS, plus emulation of the Commodore). Finding the VCS 800 has reawakened my need to play the older games again, plus giving me a reason to finally learn Linux!

• Like 4