IGNORED

Atari St Monitor

On 12/7/2021 at 12:24 AM, vkcpolice said:

Hi All

Im new to the forum i have moved here across from vogons as someone said that i may get more support here with my new atari st computer.

I have recently purchased an Atari St 520 and need a vga monitor for it. i have the vga adapter that the computer uses but i am looking for anyone that can recommend a lcd monitor

that is readily available to purchase in Australia.

i am also looking to replace the original floppy drive with a gotek but my atari has a strange floppy drive and i am not sure what gotek or 3d printed case i would need to buy.

please see the pics of my computer to help with this.

Here is the monitor that I use on my A500 and Atari ST via VGA.  This monitor supports 15kHz in VGA natively.

Dell 22 Monitor - P2222H 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096W3MV83?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chri O. said:

Are you sure about that

I think you need this: Dell SE2722H 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 75Hz LED Monitor

A new 27 inch monitor that is available and works 100%!

I am positive the DELL 22 inch P2222H supports VGA at 15kHz, that is what I am using on both my Atari Mega ST4 and Amiga 500.  Here is a photo of the Atari Mega ST4.  I am using my Atari ST2VGA adapter that I designed HERE:

5:4 ratio

IMG_1686.thumb.JPG.0801732d62a95ab3858292e3efb7008d.JPG

16:9 Ratio

IMG_1687.thumb.JPG.3e569bee66039262e202d421c0b2e8e0.JPG

4 minutes ago, Jfcatari said:

My P2222H works in all resolutions, low, medium and HIGH.  I purchased mine about 2 months ago.

The Gotek is easy sorted in Australia, Ray is a good guy;

Gotek Floppy Emulator, Oled,Rotary,Amiga,Atari ST,Amstrad etc $60.00 | Other Electronics & Computers | Gumtree Australia Hobsons Bay Area - Williamstown | 1319801528

Then get a mate to 3d print a cradle for it;

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5882098

Job done. For a monitor you can get this from JB, pretty sure this is the one that gets a solid mention here ? (correct me if I'm wrong). Its very much PAL land here;

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/dell-se2722h-27-full-hd-monitor

And grab an adapter from Kodak80 in Queensland;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143977350007

Then you should be in business.

I think this is the same situation with my Dell U2412M. The earlier models seem to work with the ST/Amiga, but my later version does not.

Let's compare serial numbers, where it was made, manufacturing date, and other info on the box and the back of the monitor to get to the bottom of this mystery! I'm interested in a smaller monitor too.

• 4 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

Hey guys have not been on here for ages. The Monitor solution i got was running rgb scart out to a trans coder that converts the signal to component then i have that running into a retrotink 2x

or the more easily available retro scalier (Chinese retrotink)  the setup is a bit of a mess but it works on every single monitor i throw at it. hope that helps some people. cheers

• 1 month later...