IGNORED

ProSystem Protection

SINGLE TOOTH

I spent money I shouldn't have and time I could have used better on something else to do this. Used a harbor freight case and put a shoddy metal tape stripe on it to house my PRO SYSTEM. I figure I can still fit the AC adapter in the empty cutout and put the NES style controllers on top of the system when in transport/storage. There is a cutout where the concerto cart is stored.

I'd put an Atari sticker on it but I don't have any or a way to make some.

It's kind of a stupid idea but if it's a "Pro" system, it needs to be stored as such.

This was the smaller 3800 model of case and didn't feel like spending $60 for the bigger 4800 model.

PXL_20211224_005908223.MP.jpg

PXL_20211224_005843741.MP.jpg

PXL_20211224_005857078.MP.jpg

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH
Need
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, SINGLE TOOTH said:

I may have to keep my 7800 I'm the attic or garage due to space constraints so this case may actually help keep it from getting nasty.

The circuit board from the constant temp changes will corrode and the 7800 will be junk. Bad ideas. Sell it or find a place in a temperature controlled environment.

14 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

That first Atari case is awesome. That's kind of the spirit I was trying to capture.

I did order that dust cover. Had my eye on that for a while.

On 12/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, SINGLE TOOTH said:

I may have to keep my 7800 I'm the attic or garage due to space constraints so this case may actually help keep it from getting nasty.

Depeding on where you live if the year round temperature does not vary much then either location would be OK, it it varies a lot, particualry between winter and summer temperatures and you have to store it in one of those locations use the one where the teperature has the least fluctuation as the thermal expansion/contraction caused by wildly differing temperature could eventually result in bad solder joints.

Also, there is likely to be more moisture in the air in those locations so you may want to consider throwing a couple of silica gel packs in to the case to absorb any moisture that does get in. 

• Like 1