IGNORED

Centurion Power Supply Question

I know it seems like a dumb self explanitory question, but this power supply is going in my STe and I just want it right.

You would think Centurion would provide at least one pic on their site showing installation, but it's so simple they figured...

I used the original SP34 base..

Take a look at the pic and make sure I did all the connections for it correctly. The top left corner mount had metal around it so I figured that was the ground for the switch.

A little embarrasing for me to ask? Sure. But it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks for any assistance..

Centurion.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paul Westphal said:

I know it seems like a dumb self explanitory question, but this power supply is going in my STe and I just want it right.

You would think Centurion would provide at least one pic on their site showing installation, but it's so simple they figured...

I used the original SP34 base..

Take a look at the pic and make sure I did all the connections for it correctly. The top left corner mount had metal around it so I figured that was the ground for the switch.

A little embarrasing for me to ask? Sure. But it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks for any assistance..

Centurion.jpg

Top RIGHT mount had the metal.. it would not let me edit the main post..

Leave the ground wire (yellow/green) on the metal. Leave white wire as you have it and then move the black wire from the switch (now connected to the ground with a screw through the PSU corner) to the screw terminal (the wire is to short for that at the moment).

The switch should be the part that disconnect the live from the PSU. Black wire in this case. White would be neutral in that case.

Edited by snarkdluG
  • Like 1

wow, just wow...

@Paul Westphal

it does matter... that is why line is hot and neutral is not... ground is earth ground... and a couple of turns around the ring would help keep noise out as well...

please don't let anyone tell you it doesn't matter... it can matter if anything goes wrong later... safety first. I'd put the hot to the switch as well so you don't end up completing the path on accident if hot line is still feeding and you happen to provide a path to ground using a tool or your body...

hot(line) from jack goes to switch, switch goes to line(hot) in, that hot line in goes to fuse on the board .... neutral goes to neutral and earth ground goes to ground tab.... it matters! insulate as possible with heat shrink or insulated terminals...

any electrician or electronics technician can advise you the same as I have... you can grab a book or two or even ask in passing, you will be informed accordingly

p.s. consider heat shrink tubing or covered (insulated) terminals to the switch as well.

furthermore, you want the fuse to disconnect the hot if it blows.... the so there is no chance for any other path to complete that circuit be it neutral or ground....

Edited by _The Doctor__

5 Feet AC Power Cordpower - Child-Safe setup for ESD protection environment on ...

When in doubt, meter it out!

plenty of NEMA info on the web as well...

so a recap...hot(line) from jack goes to switch, switch goes to line(hot) in, that hot line in goes to fuse on the board .... neutral goes to neutral and earth ground goes to ground.... it matters! insulate as possible with heat shrink or insulated terminals...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Yes, and I’m sure power supplies are different. I asked myself why would he design it so the wires “cross “ and it’s because of that reason. Lessons learned on my part. He had a schematic for it I didn’t see - it was in the download section of the website. I also understand why he got pissed at me ?. Hopefully my antics in this thread will help someone else down the road .