IGNORED

Atari branded mouse and keyboard?

Rob Merritt

On 1/11/2022 at 7:48 AM, zzip said:

image.png.eeab8a473ad66cd4e06b118886b7d19d.png

I love the idea, but I wanted it to be used on a real mechanical keyboard.  Like a modern Atari 800 version.  And ergonomic.  Ya ya, I know.

Speaking of the original Atari 800 keyboard, does anyone know what font is used for those keys?

Atari_800_--_Mitsumi_keyboard.jpg

I was using a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard trackpad, but the colour scheme bothered me with the VCS.
I subsequently bought this, which is perfect, and only lacks an Atari logo. 🙂 
(It's wireless via USB dongle, so it works with the BIOS and other operating systems.)

https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/all-in-one-media-keyboard

image.thumb.png.334ced536e2babed042db89e6d2c1c49.png

msaio.avif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, justclaws said:

I was using a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard trackpad, but the colour scheme bothered me with the VCS.
I subsequently bought this, which is perfect, and only lacks an Atari logo. 🙂 
(It's wireless via USB dongle, so it works with the BIOS and other operating systems.)

https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/all-in-one-media-keyboard

image.thumb.png.334ced536e2babed042db89e6d2c1c49.png

msaio.avif 17.28 kB · 0 downloads

But does it work with Atari OS???

5 hours ago, justclaws said:

Yes, perfectly. It's a standard keyboard and trackpad (which works like a mouse), so works with everything.

Oh great. I've had the unfortunate displeasure of going out and buying a logitech K850 bluetooth/USB dongle keyboard for the VCS and the darn thing doesn't work...

On 10/30/2022 at 11:46 AM, tripled79 said:

Oh great. I've had the unfortunate displeasure of going out and buying a logitech K850 bluetooth/USB dongle keyboard for the VCS and the darn thing doesn't work...

Bluetooth will be trickier because it won't be recognized by the bios before the OS boots, and then you need to pair it.   But any wireless USB keyboard (that follows the USB keyboard standard) should work.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:44 PM, zzip said:

Bluetooth will be trickier because it won't be recognized by the bios before the OS boots, and then you need to pair it.   But any wireless USB keyboard (that follows the USB keyboard standard) should work.

All the more annoying when it doesn't work...