IGNORED

FujiNet Documentation Project

As the FujiNet begins to span a greater number of platforms, this would be a good time to start considering how best to document it from both a technical as well as end-user perspective.  There is a lot of good documentation out there, but it's in a number of different locations.  Because of this, I'm proposing that the existing info be brought into one location, then expanded upon as necessary.  This would probably work best in a wiki format.

I do not have anywhere to host any sort of CMS, be it a wiki or otherwise.  Likewise, my available time is such that I cannot lead the charge on this but can certainly assist.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?  I feel that this is one area that could use some organisation, but that would only benefit the project as a whole.

• Like 3

I second using the Fujinet Project Wiki on Github. Using this solves most if not all the issues: it's on highly available infrastructure that noone has to pay for and will not suddenly disappear, the wiki source is easily modified by anyone with a GH account, it uses Markdown so it's easily portable to other forms of documentation in the future, it's in a location that is easy to find.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 11:18 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

yeah like freenode, one could ever take over github....   mirror everything and put it everywhere, you never know what can happen...

its automatically mirrored by anyone that has cloned the repo onto their local system. that's git working the way it should and being all crazy distributed.