IGNORED

Wanted: advice on what to sell!

Mikebloke

Hi everyone, not really sure where else to put this. I've been so chuffed at how well the multicards for the magnavox odyssey has sold. This is a piece of hardware that Boojakascha concieved and I basically had a wad of cash to get units made up. 

I've done this as a casual way of supporting the continued use of the magnavox odyssey, but I have now got to the point of virtually running out of stock. I've not made any money if you take into account time spent packaging and sending it out, and it was never about that. A lot of people have asked me about other parts like the composite mod which is another device Boojakascha has made up, and I'm totally up for looking into that. 

However I think I would need to think about setting up a company or a trading name to do so, give proper protections to those who buy from me, and perhaps look into investment to other areas. I'm not super technical myself - but I do have possibly too much disposable cash that I can take the initial cost of a product and claw it back over time. 

I'm based in the United Kingdom, and there may be some benefits and cons to that. I also don't want to step on anyone else's toes, such as selling homebrew games which I think others do a much better job of than I ever could, however I might be able to offer myself as a UK based reseller. 

Is there a place in the market for someone who can stump up funds for units of 10-100 of a product? If people need investment to make a project a reality? I'm thinking about mostly modifications, hardware, replacement boxes perhaps - maybe a service for supporting cart only games to have a custom box for people who really want it but not profitable to consider for all units. I'm mostly thinking out loud, but I'm keen to ensure that ideas that have proven to work gets to be enjoyed for other people, even if that's only a two digit number of people.