IGNORED

Intellivision Loot Box 2022

Rev

1 hour ago, colormesticky said:

Haaaa, I haven't even started making my little craft thing. Guess I'd better get cracking!

I hope it's cool and Intellivision related because your sending the box to me.🤞😃

And if I recall correctly, if you are in the Los Angeles area perhaps I could pick up the box from you and save you $50. or so in Shipping. Just let me know,I am in Simi Valley.👍

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I hope it's cool and Intellivision related because your sending the box to me.🤞😃

And if I recall correctly, if you are in the Los Angeles area perhaps I could pick up the box from you and save you $50. or so in Shipping. Just let me know,I am in Simi Valley.👍

It might cost less to ship. Driving in LA is brutal if you get caught in traffic

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

It might cost less to ship. Driving in LA is brutal if you get caught in traffic

I have lived here my entire life sir,I know quite well how and when to navigate through it!😄👍

And I'm the one offering to absorb the cost by picking it up.

Edited by wolfy62

3 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I don't about *cool*, but it was cute and didn't look overly difficult. But then I'm a seasoned pro at biting off more than I can chew when it comes to crafts, so maybe I'll just throw my Frankenstein's Monster duplicate in the box and randomly mail you a bunch of lil crochet toys 6 months down the road so I don't hold the box up till 2024. 🙃

Google says Simi Valley is about 50 miles. Not terrible, but also not terrible for me to mail a big box. We can figure it out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

US:
1. Humblejack (completed)

2. JoeM Intellivision (completed)

3. cvga (completed)

4. zendocon (completed)

5. Illtiger1 (completed)

6. First Spear (completed)

7. Colormesticky (in route)

8. Wolfy62

Canada:

9. rietveld 

10. mr intv

US:
11.Tlinder

12. Coleco Gamer

13. Psycho Strormtrooper

Europe:

14. Morpheus

15. ???

• Thanks 1

I got the box today. In all honesty I'll probably sit on it for a couple weeks. I'm not quite 3/4 done making my addition to it.

What I took:

- Power Lords ad

- Space dino Demon Attack cart

- Minstrel's Legend magnet

- Nice Frog Bog overlay to swap out with one I've abused

What's going in:

- Pitfall II cart for a console that is not Intellivision. Commodore? I don't remember because I can't play it.

- Triforce vinyl decal for somebody's car window

- A set of handmade reversible Pac Man ghosts. I need to make faces for the orange one and sew it together, and I haven't even started the pink one yet.

X-Ray is still in there. I'm tempted to take it, but I'm not sure what I could swap for it is comparable - I've got the source code disc from a DVD game Bill F. worked on called Spycraft. He was donating a bunch of archives and arcade cabs to the Strong Museum and didn't think they would want it, so I took it. Maaaaybe?

Anyway, I'll update once I finish the ghosts and get this big 'ol beast out the door. Kudos to whoever alphabetized the loose carts and overlays.

20230927_165301.jpg

20230927_165903.jpg

20230927_171425.jpg

20230927_171427.jpg

Edited by colormesticky
  • Like 4

We should all probably mention what we took it and put in.

So….

I took the Christmas Carol patch to go with the other CvG decorations I put out in December, some IR stickers for the laptops and tablets, and a pamphlet to keep around as a conversation piece. I put in a small pile of Minstrels’s Legend refrigerator magnets and a few Intellivision FAQ branded paper note pads. 

Love this social experiment, hope it keeps going! The box also seems to

be an experiment in physics, see how much tape can be put on cardboard before it no longer can be considered cardboard. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still with me. I finished the orange ghost and started the last one, but it's been a stupid couple of weeks and I keep falling asleep early during the only quiet time I have - at night. I've got a different crochet project I have to put in front of this one for a birthday party next weekend, but I promise I'm hurrying as much as I can. The birthday present is almost done, I've just got to sew some teeth in a monster, and I'll finish the pink ghost and send the box along. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...