IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 16 - Game 3 - Mouse Trap

Isn't this the "game that shouldn't be named"? Or was that Carnival? Haha, hard keeping track of these Coleco titles. Anyway, this was a lot easier than whenever the last time I played it (maybe we did it on a harder setting?), b/c for the first time ever, I'm submitting a score before getting a game over. It's just too time consuming and it doesn't seem to get any harder. I just keep racking up bonus mice and I'm over it. That is not to say that I think I could beat the crazy high scores you guys have thrown up here, I usually never come close, but I'm tapped out. When I was in the 500k+ range I decided to hit the next hundred thousand and call it a day. Crazy.

275032439_MouseTrap2022-02-1218_20_23.thumb.png.3e5ca6eee091b8828d337891fa5f431a.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Isn't this the "game that shouldn't be named"? Or was that Carnival? Haha, hard keeping track of these Coleco titles. Anyway, this was a lot easier than whenever the last time I played it (maybe we did it on a harder setting?), b/c for the first time ever, I'm submitting a score before getting a game over. It's just too time consuming and it doesn't seem to get any harder. I just keep racking up bonus mice and I'm over it. That is not to say that I think I could beat the crazy high scores you guys have thrown up here, I usually never come close, but I'm tapped out. When I was in the 500k+ range I decided to hit the next hundred thousand and call it a day. Crazy.

275032439_MouseTrap2022-02-1218_20_23.thumb.png.3e5ca6eee091b8828d337891fa5f431a.png

Great score  Cortex, WOW and you quit with 16 extra Meeces.... Impressive!!!! ?

Edited by Rickster8
I hates meeces to pieces!!! :)
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Great score  Cortex, WOW and you quit with 16 extra Meeces.... Impressive!!!! ?

Thanks Rickster! I don't know how long I was playing (maybe half an hour?) and I bet you and Crade were at it for a long while. I bet you guys were in the same spot at one point where it felt like I had Game Genie set to infinite dog bones. I just kept hitting it and moving around without a care in the world, hahaha.

Looking at the manual, I'm remembering that we last played on a higher difficulty b/c that dang hawk came out. Definitely upped the difficulty.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Thanks Rickster! I don't know how long I was playing (maybe half an hour?) and I bet you and Crade were at it for a long while. I bet you guys were in the same spot at one point where it felt like I had Game Genie set to infinite dog bones. I just kept hitting it and moving around without a care in the world, hahaha.

Looking at the manual, I'm remembering that we last played on a higher difficulty b/c that dang hawk came out. Definitely upped the difficulty.

on this difficulty it just gets a bit faster every lvl i think.  eventually its too fast and the cats are just buzzing around like bees but it does take quite awhile to get there

Edited by crade
  • Like 1

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Tutankham

30 - CParsley

30 - Mark Griff

24 - Rickster8

21 - IntyFanMatt

20 - Lupovax

18 - Crade

14 - Mr_Me

12 - jimblargh

11 - Wolfy62

11 - Fakecortex

7 - Gar0u

1 - Jblenkle

Games Won

1 - IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark!

1 - Mark Griff - Tutankham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just tried for the first time this round this bloody game of Mousetrap... doesn't seem too terrible but for the music theme is extremely annoying... ending up singing puck me puck me over and over but the p isn't a p if u get my drift...

Also the god damn movement controls, how in the f'in HELL could you think this is better than LNC, thats actually responsive unlike this piece of crapola...

Might not help that I'm now reduced to playing on an old 360 controller had to ad hoc into the mac to control OpenEmu to play (using the thumb stick for movement) and yes 90% of the time the bloody mouse really does NOT want to know where he's supposed to LOL... No score to post yet just had to rant...

Added the parenthesis info..

Edited by cparsley
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cparsley said:

Just tried for the first time this round this bloody game of Mousetrap... doesn't seem too terrible but for the music theme is extremely annoying... ending up singing puck me puck me over and over but the p isn't a p if u get my drift...

Also the god damn movement controls, how in the f'in HELL could you think this is better than LNC, thats actually responsive unlike this piece of crapola...

Might not help that I'm now reduced to playing on an old 360 controller had to ad hoc into the mac to control OpenEmu to play (using the thumb stick for movement) and yes 90% of the time the bloody mouse really does NOT want to know where he's supposed to LOL... No score to post yet just had to rant...

Lol yeah well you don’t play with an inty controller. Lol you are playing Intellivision with a keyboard.. ???, sooooooo that to me is a horse of a different color. Meaning you cannot gauge it the same way..... I despise Lock N Chase, but mostly cuz I suck so fking bad at it. It will unfortunately be played this season during Maze Craze..... ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cparsley said:

On the intelli you need to click the disc like a dpad.  Holding the direction you want doesn't work worth crap.  Maybe try the dpad on the xbox controller?

20 minutes ago, jimblargh said:

1,404,600!

My inty 2 doesn't like this cart so had to pull out the ol' Super Video arcade for this one. I think the woodgrain panel must have given me good luck! ?

20220216_201911.jpg

And a new leader. Nice one Jim!!! ?

• Like 1

Quick Mouse Trap Update: (Up to post #41)

1,404,600 - jimblargh [+3 bonus points]

1,226,000 - Crade [+3 bonus points]

982,300 - Rickster8 [+3 bonus points]

600,800 - Fakecortex [+3 bonus points]

347,800 - Lupovax [+3 bonus points]

219,200 - Wolfy62 [+2 bonus points]

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol yeah well you don’t play with an inty controller. Lol you are playing Intellivision with a keyboard.. ???, sooooooo that to me is a horse of a different color. Meaning you cannot gauge it the same way..... I despise Lock N Chase, but mostly cuz I suck so fking bad at it. It will unfortunately be played this season during Maze Craze..... ?

I love you didn't read... Im NOT playing with a keyboard, the machine with the emu no longer has that either LOL.. it has an old Xbox 360 controller hooked to it so my control in the thumb stick lol

4 hours ago, jimblargh said:

1,404,600!

My inty 2 doesn't like this cart so had to pull out the ol' Super Video arcade for this one. I think the woodgrain panel must have given me good luck! ?

20220216_201911.jpg

There were a handful of Coleco titles that would just not boot to an INTV 2 no matter what... I remember in the 80s we got an INTV 2 but kept the original as well solely as my father liked playing Donkey Kong from Coleco, the most infamous of the absolutely no go on the INTV 2 :) (yes I swear he was sadistic like that), before you ask, his other favorites was PBA Bowling (the only sport title he touch) AD&D Cloudy Mountain (but more towards Tarmin), BurgerTime, LNC and Pinball. 

3 hours ago, crade said:

On the intelli you need to click the disc like a dpad.  Holding the direction you want doesn't work worth crap.  Maybe try the dpad on the xbox controller?

it's an idea but without the keyboard (see posting to Rickster's post) can't remap whatever the game decides to map the controller to. It made for one hell of a Tut game last week with left on the right trigger button, left on the Red action button, the BOMB on the left thumb button on top and movement on the thumb stick lol. It's even worse with where the red, white, blue and still haven't found out what's mapped for the dog button yet lol (I know it's INTV 5, but what this thing mapped that to havent yet determined lol)

Sorry for the line of posts, answered each as I saw them... lol

Edited by cparsley
Recapping

7 hours ago, cparsley said:

I love you didn't read... Im NOT playing with a keyboard, the machine with the emu no longer has that either LOL.. it has an old Xbox 360 controller hooked to it so my control in the thumb stick lol

I agree I did not fully read your post. I glanced at it on my phone at dinner. Figured it was just a rant about how terrible the controls are playing Mouse Trap as that is the usual angst with this game. Also I had thought you had said originally the 'ONLY' way you could play Intellivision was with your Mac and Keyboard. Maybe that's changed now or maybe that wasn't completely true? ?‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

1 hour ago, mark griff said:

Okay my screen started to jump.up and down and my intellivision was getting hot. Stopped at 2,257,900 and 66 men left. 

P_20220217_081628_HDR_p.jpg

And yet another NEW leader. ? That's probably the Top score right there, but with this Motley Crew you can never be too sure....... :P