IGNORED

Xeno Crisis, and games like it on the Jaguar.

Gunther

1 hour ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Well, it's time folks! Let BB know on which platforms you want to see Xeno Crisis after the SNES version ;)

Someone vote on my behalf, I'm not a used of ex-twitter.

Edited by alucardX

10 hours ago, agradeneu said:

I doubt you would see this kind of graphics/sprites on a 7800!

Oh of course, I was mainly referring to the style, I wanna see shmups on the 7800 that are on the same level as R-Type, Gradius, Thunder Force, and other really well known, and hard core shmups.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KrunchyTC said:

Oh of course, I was mainly referring to the style, I wanna see shmups on the 7800 that are on the same level as R-Type, Gradius, Thunder Force, and other really well known, and hard core shmups.

same level is unlikely, R Type and Thunder Force are 16 bit shmups that require more capable hardware, e.g. Atari Lynx.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, grips03 said:

Could Jaguar do Cursed Castilla?

https://locomalito.com/maldita-castilla-ex.php

Looks like a Genesis game, regarding the sprite/color style, but it runs on modern hardware and possibly it is much more sophisticated than it looks at first glance. 

I haven't played it much. A similar game is very possible on Jaguar though, built from scratch, but a 1:1 port is very unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, agradeneu said:

same level is unlikely, R Type and Thunder Force are 16 bit shmups that require more capable hardware, e.g. Atari Lynx.  

even the same level of gameplay? I think the 7800 could do some pretty impressive shmups. Never the less, whether its on the 7800, Lynx, or the Jaguar, more shmups are wanted/needed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gunther said:

Ahhhhhhhh, an ex-twitter link!

It's nice to know they keep thinking about it. If they did something really unique using the Jag hardware when(if) they do the port then I'd be more inclined to get the title for Jag. I want to see some extra levels with bigger enemies or more colors or something. I really don't want just another version of the same game running on the MegaDrive. I won't use ex-twitter or I'd tell them that there.

7 hours ago, alucardX said:

Ahhhhhhhh, an ex-twitter link!

It's nice to know they keep thinking about it. If they did something really unique using the Jag hardware when(if) they do the port then I'd be more inclined to get the title for Jag. I want to see some extra levels with bigger enemies or more colors or something. I really don't want just another version of the same game running on the MegaDrive. I won't use ex-twitter or I'd tell them that there.

Nobody is going to touch a pixel of that artwork. It is perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

It is very nice art work and I even hesitated to suggest changing it up at all.

Maybe just some additional stuff. More bosses or something to add from the Jag DNA.

15 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Well, some of the additional graphical details from the Neo Geo and SNES version could be added but i don't know how it would affect performance on a potential Jaguar version. Just My two cents...