IGNORED

Nintendo Switch Sports

Zap!

I feel that this definitely deserves its own thread, so here it is. The release date is April 29, 2022, and I have it on pre-order. How do you guys think it looks from the trailer? Personally, I can't wait. I was a huge fan of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, so hopefully this game retains some of the magic and charm of the others.

• Like 1

I still have both those cDs and a Wii but I'm largely considering actually selling it off, on the fence, since it just sits.  WIth those 2 coming, Mario Galaxy on Switch too, and also Klonoa(and its sequel) going Switch too in HD it leaves me with punchout, moh heroes 2, muramasa, new smb(ehhh), smg2, and metroid prime trilogy steelbook.  That's about my hold outs.

I think this bundle being scaled back some to the better key elements and adding a little new too with soccer for instance I think it should be a winner.  THe icons on the clip up there as a tease isn't even honest, it lacks golf, which this game does have.  I have to admit I'm annoyed really that golf is a digital download only it appears, but they're not talking about charging for it at least (at this time.)

Edited by Tanooki

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I have it on preorder. I like the looks of it. I know without a motion bar that it will be different. However, I still enjoy the Bowling on Clubhouse Games. It looks charming enough that I think I will enjoy it. Soccer intrigues me.

We've got it on preorder as well.  Our teenage kids may actually *play* a game with us, lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I have it on preorder. I like the looks of it. I know without a motion bar that it will be different. However, I still enjoy the Bowling on Clubhouse Games. It looks charming enough that I think I will enjoy it. Soccer intrigues me.

Relatively little in Wii Sports used the sensor bar. That's only really needed for the things where you point at the screen.

For anything that's just using the gyroscope and accelerometer, the Joy Con has it covered. I had a brief go at the tennis when they were doing the multiplayer test and it was instantly familiar.

• Thanks 1

I'm OK with less sports so long as they're done well.

Others could possibly follow though, if the demand is there as DLC. That's how they're adding the golf, at any rate.

Indeed, there appear to be some unused venues on the map screen, such as a park suspiciously shaped like a baseball stadium and a marina, as well as transport links that might lead off to other hubs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 2:52 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

I'll be picking this one up for sure; was a big fan of Sports on Wii and Wii U.

No Mii's is a bummer; but i suppose they have to move on from the Wii era eventually. 

Although if they let you have them on Switch, then why not just include them?  Who knows. 

You can play with you Mii, it's just that the body's don't look like they did in the Wii days.

It's good fun, the motion controls feel much tighter in the existing sports, and the new ones feel like worthy additions.

I can't help but feel that there's something missing though, and not just the golf.

Hopefully there will be more updates to come.

• Like 1