IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode #43 is Live!

http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-43-bus-full-of-homebrews/

From the website:

In this episode, we get back to a more ‘traditional’ format, with our Welcome, Feedback and News segments. Lots of new Intellivision homebrews are discussed this time around. You’ll also hear about Paul’s computer dying, mid-recording (yikes!), and the new Intellivision FAQ. George returns, and we’ve got some fun outtakes at the end. So hop on the bus to Homebrew City and press play!

image.png.21bb283d7258195e3851e426ba8042bc.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chris+++ said:

And yet, it's never long enough. Great job as usual! I'm looking forward to the upcoming interviews Paul mentioned!

Thanks, Chris!  I never know how long it's going to be until I start putting it together.  In one of the episodes.. can't recall which at the moment.. I intentionally extended it just a bit because I had a corrections robot say a number near the end of an episode, without explanation or reason, and the episode ended at exactly that number / time stamp.  It may have been an Intellivoice sample saying the number come to think of it... anyway, why did I do that?  Because it popped into my head as I was editing (that's how a lot of the little bits happen in the show).  Did anyone notice?  Not likely. ;-)

I'm going to do something I haven't done before with episode 44.  I'm going to run a timer whenever I'm recording, editing or assembling the episode.  I want to see just how many hours go into an episode.  I'm not sure what the ratio of production time vs episode length is, but perhaps this will help me narrow it down - assuming I remember to do it, and keep doing it with future episodes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nurmix said:

Did anyone notice?  Not likely. ;-)

I noticed, although I couldn't tell you offhand which episode number it was. I'm certain it was the Intellivoice speaking. What I reckoned was that you were correcting a number / amount / whatever that someone had erroneously cited earlier in the show, and that you were adding the correct number as the episode's "P.S." to be funny -- i.e. in a jocular "I get the last word" fashion. I just figured that I didn't know exactly what was being corrected, as I couldn't remember all of the numbers mentioned throughout the episode. I didn't realize that it was stating the exact time stamp. Pretty slick!

1 hour ago, nurmix said:

I'm going to do something I haven't done before with episode 44.  I'm going to run a timer whenever I'm recording, editing or assembling the episode.  I want to see just how many hours go into an episode.  I'm not sure what the ratio of production time vs episode length is, but perhaps this will help me narrow it down - assuming I remember to do it, and keep doing it with future episodes.

At the very least, it would give you a chance to tell the other hosts, "Do you know I spent 147 hours editing the last episode??" if that sort of ammo ever comes in handy. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nurmix said:

Thanks, Chris!  I never know how long it's going to be until I start putting it together.  In one of the episodes.. can't recall which at the moment.. I intentionally extended it just a bit because I had a corrections robot say a number near the end of an episode, without explanation or reason, and the episode ended at exactly that number / time stamp.  It may have been an Intellivoice sample saying the number come to think of it... anyway, why did I do that?  Because it popped into my head as I was editing (that's how a lot of the little bits happen in the show).  Did anyone notice?  Not likely. ;-)

Ugh. Are you thinking tracking all your hours will help with your contract negotiations? News flash, unlike me you don't get paid. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mom! They are talking of me at 02:48:00 because of Pumpkin Mischief!

Wait a moment! My mom doesn't even have an Atariage account.

Anyway cool! 8)

Edit: Again at 02:55:00 for Unlucky Pony's Adventures!

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 3

Paul,
       Dogs generally bark a lot when they need attention and love. Poor Barky Barkington. You should set up a nanny-cam to see if your wife is berating this distressed animal while you're gone. 

Floppy (aka Barky Barkington) gets plenty of love and attention from the entire family. She is easily frightened and will bark at inanimate objects that move, such as an open door in a breeze, or leaves blowing on the ground, or a broom leaning up against a wall, or a closed garage door. Basically I think wind in general is her enemy.

1d0aa2707db14f66086d902d0ce1bd17.jpg

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software
  • Haha 2