IGNORED

INTV Corporation... I-N-T-V or INN-TV?

nurmix

I-N-T-V OR INN-TV  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When referring to INTV Corporation, do you pronounce it "INN-TV" or "I-N-T-V"?

• I-N-T-V
    • INN-TV
    • INT-VEE

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, nurmix said:

Interesting.  I hadn't thought about the way it was written / printed.

Of course that's the same way Mattel wrote it as well, with the lower case "t" and "i"s... so that may have just been a carry over from that with INtV Corp.

Mattel Intellivision Silver Ring - Game Clear Logos - LaunchBox Community Forums

Since I don't currently have Terry Valeski's contact info (although I'm working on that), I'll reach out to Dave Warhol and see what his memories of the name are.

When it was not stylised, it was written "INTV" or "INTV Corporation", as can be seen on cartridge boxes, console instructions, and game catalogs.  You can see how it's pronounced by the programmers in interviews as in the Intellivisionairies Slam Dunk episode for example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

When it was not stylised, it was written "INTV" or "INTV Corporation", as can be seen on cartridge boxes, console instructions, and game catalogs.  You can see how it's pronounced by the programmers in interviews as in the Intellivisionairies Slam Dunk episode for example.

I should listen to that show some time.. I hear good things. ;-)

Yeah, I don't remember any of the programmers I interviewed saying "INN TV".

[blame Canada]

Hmm… you might be on to something, Lathe! I’ll have to check the poll to see if it’s primarily Canadians who say ‘INN TV’, and Americans who say ‘I N T V’. It may be another case of “SARR-EE” / “SORE-EE”?

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software