IGNORED

Space Invaders

intvdave

Lookin' good.  I played a TON of Space Armada.

I don't know if there is anything you can do to improve the controls or not.  It seemed like it would easily over-shoot where I intended my laser shooter thingy to stop.  Made lining up with the baddies more difficult than it should have been.

I also like seeing ships that look like OG Space Invaders in there also.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

I don't know if there is anything you can do to improve the controls or not.  It seemed like it would easily over-shoot where I intended my laser shooter thingy to stop.  Made lining up with the baddies more difficult than it should have been.

I compared Space Armada and this version and it is night and day. The aliens in SA are just to big.

What suggestions do you have for better controls? The ship should move side to side slower? You can already press higher on the disc to have your ship move slower.

47 minutes ago, intvdave said:

I compared Space Armada and this version and it is night and day. The aliens in SA are just to big.

What suggestions do you have for better controls? The ship should move side to side slower? You can already press higher on the disc to have your ship move slower.

I don't think I ever took advantage of the height on the disc to have slower movement back in the day.  Since you only need one fire button, maybe the lower side buttons could be held to enable slower movement, for when you want more precision.  Keeping the original "higher on the disc" method intact for folks who are already used to it.

8 minutes ago, ZillaRUSH said:

Looks solid...would love to have diff sounds than Space Armada if possible.

We can do this! This project was done more as a challenge so I have time to finish it :)  I am sitting on several games that I need to release. This one will go with those others.

Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 3

Just wanted to say that this game completely kicks ass miles above Space Armada.  It's what Space Armada should have been from the start.

It's a lot of fun to play, plays a lot like Space Invaders, and thankfully, a very nice looking tribute to both games!    When you play at Super Pro, have a towel ready to wipe up the sweat!

Thanks for taking "the challenge" and making it.  This is one I hope everyone grabs at because it's made well, plays great and was worth the time you put into it.

For whatever reason, I never understood why Space Armada looked the way it did and not like this game does now... but I guess hindsight and all that..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, ZillaRUSH said:

Looks solid...would love to have diff sounds than Space Armada if possible.

Thank you for the suggestion. One thing that always bothered me was that the alien bombs did not make a sound especially the red one. Fixed!!! Most sounds have been replaced and each alien bomb makes a different sound.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1