IGNORED

SCAM! AVOID! $250 Atari Jaguar System Console Complete in the Box CIB + Cybermorph Game Bundle

smalltownguy2

1 hour ago, larrylaffer said:

Withdrawing interest as seller only accepts PayPal f&f and cannot do a PayPal business transaction.

are you stupid? I explained it to you, you bastard.

My Paypal account has been closed for selling illegal products. That's why I opened a new account.

When I receive G&S payment with my new paypal account, my account is restricted. Paypal bullshit!

paypal F&F only

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smalltownguy2 said:

are you stupid? I explained it to you, you bastard.

This is a quick way on the road to being banned.  Why are you calling this user stupid and a bastard?  I don't blame him for not wanting to send you a PayPal Friends & Family payment.  If for some reason he didn't receive the Jaguar or it wasn't as described, he would have zero recourse with PayPal to get his money back.

2 minutes ago, smalltownguy2 said:

My Paypal account has been closed for selling illegal products. That's why I opened a new account.

When I receive G&S payment with my new paypal account, my account is restricted. Paypal bullshit!

paypal F&F only

This is a you problem, not the buyer's problem.  I'm not a huge fan of PayPal, either, but no reason to get mad because someone doesn't want to send a Friends & Family payment.  That's a good price for a boxed Jaguar, I'm sure someone will be willing to accept your terms, but you're not exactly endearing yourself to others here with your attitude.

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Albert said:

This is a quick way on the road to being banned.  Why are you calling this user stupid and a bastard?  I don't blame him for not wanting to send you a PayPal Friends & Family payment.  If for some reason he didn't receive the Jaguar or it wasn't as described, he would have zero recourse with PayPal to get his money back.

This is a you problem, not the buyer's problem.  I'm not a huge fan of PayPal, either, but no reason to get mad because someone doesn't want to send a Friends & Family payment.  That's a good price for a boxed Jaguar, I'm sure someone will be willing to accept your terms, but you're not exactly endearing yourself to others here with your attitude.

..Al

I'm so sorry, but it's out of my hands. Total paypal bullshit.

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

On top of that I had declared interest, which in my opinion gives me dibs on the transaction. When I decided not to proceed I wanted others to know that I am out of the way... either way, I will quote Forest Gump's mum: "stupid is as stupid does". ? 

11 minutes ago, smalltownguy2 said:

I'm so sorry, but it's out of my hands. Total paypal bullshit.

Just saying, don't get upset if someone doesn't want to use F&F, move on to the next buyer.  You're not going to have any problems selling this, but calling people names when your anger is with PayPal is not going to help you in that endeavor.

..Al

Everyone, this guy is a scammer, do not send him any money.

I looked at the account, and he hadn't logged in for some time (about a year and a half ago last), and suddenly he logs in again and is using a VPN to mask his location and true IP.  Or it's several scammers managing this account from several different locations.  Probably his email account (a hotmail account) was hacked, or he had a simple password here that was hacked.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 7.09.05 PM.png

I then logged in as him and looked at his PMs.  He's already taken money from one member for the Jaguar, and he later asked for payment from another member.  Also, the story about his PayPal account being closed due to "illegal activity" is unlikely, he's probably just using that as an excuse for having a different PayPal address than he used in the past, and if PayPal banned your account, I doubt PayPal would let you trivially setup a new account. 

And of course the photos of the same Jaguar on eBay from someone in a different state from where he lives (or at least lived the last time he legitimately posted) is of course incredibly suspicious.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

Damn.  I hate scammers!

?

Yes, this sort of thing has become increasingly common on forums.  Basically, a scammer will join a site and then look for people who are searching for expensive items.  They will then write those people to say they or someone they know has the item, ultimately arranging payment for said item(s).  They can scam a bunch of people before they are ultimately caught and banned, but by then they've usually scammed several people.

In this particular case, looks like they were able to get into an established account, which is helpful as people will feel more comfortable dealing with someone who didn't just sign up. 

If anyone here ever thinks that someone may be trying to scam them, PLEASE LET ME or another mod know and I can then investigate further.

..Al

• Like 3

Come to think of it, I've had an instance where I posted a want ad (most recently for Atarian magazines) and within 5 minutes I received a PM from a pushy individual with very bad grammar.  The guy was like "I have all 3 issues would you like to buy, buddy?" and when I asked for eBay references he suddenly lashed out at me like this smalltownguy.

Needless to say, I did not feel comfortable proceeding with the transaction and deleted his private messages.  I bet it was probably the same scammer(s) since the whole conversation seemed to mimic this one.  

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

DELETED

Ah man. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe I was screwing over a sale with my comments so I deleted it. I got burned in a very similar situation in December. 

Paypal has this thing that you can get your money back even on F&F if the receiver hasn't yet transferred it out. I would call them immediately. Don't wait on a case or email. They have people that answer phones. 

I searched for his username on Google and found that he's attempting to scam people on other forums as well, such as this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-black-knight-2000-43

He listed several pinball machines today, but they were quick to shut that down, fortunately.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/smalltownguy2/forum

LMFAO, apparently he stated he'd ship a pinball machine via USPS.  Uhrrr, no.

..Al

• Haha 1

Just now, Dopy25 said:

I would call them immediately. Don't wait on a case or email.

Yep, this is incredibly important.  Once they pull the money out of PayPal, you're probably screwed unless you used a credit card, in which case you can perform a chargeback.  However, PayPal will NOT like that and they can and will ban you if this happens too often with your account.

..Al