IGNORED

IDE+2 Rev d -- "losing time"

Larry

I have two Rev d interfaces, and they both are "losing time" -- several minutes per day on at least one of them.

Thus far, there is no loss of settings.  I've checked the battery voltage, and it is still >3V in both, so I don't think it is the battery.  Have others run into this issue?  Since I don't use Sparta, having the correct clock time isn't super important, but clearly there is an issue.  BTW, I don't press RESET when on the config screen, so that isn't a problem.  Any thoughts?

Maybe the RTC isn't properly calibrated vs the input clock?  Possibly expecting an NTSC master but receiving PAL.

Though the difference there over a day would probably equate to a bit over 13 minutes a day.

But I'd have thought the RTC would have it's own crystal, especially to be able to work when the computer is off.

I've not used mine in a few years and never really kept track of that so can't comment on my own experience.

Edited by Rybags