IGNORED

Does buying an Amico still make sense ?

rietveld

43 minutes ago, rietveld said:

I have a chance to buy a new Amico for $340.

Will there be new games for it?

May I ask where?  

When a new Amico thread pops up:

2F2AEE71-1DB2-4343-9A47-4892926E94B8.thumb.jpeg.a99a7a7c03206560e2c974924a3c5b82.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Their price, 268 british pounds is a little high.  Other UK retailers list it at 239 or 249 bp.

I think 249 & 239 GBP for a product which does not exist atm, and quite possibly never will, is also a little high (to put it mildly).

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

I have a chance to buy a new Amico for $340.

Will there be new games for it?

I'm assuming that's Canadian dollars. Walmart Canada is taking preorders at that price as well.  There is expected to be at least twenty games around the time it releases.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm assuming that's Canadian dollars. Walmart Canada is taking preorders at that price as well.  There is expected to be at least twenty games around the time it releases.

I know you have been the optimist here for a while, but are you really gonna answer his question without bringing up all the concerns floating around right now? It’s a lot of money to give to something that is on shaky ground, to say the least. I mean, is anyone even running the store there? How old was that unboxing video considering they are letting people get charged based on their own release date?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I know you have been the optimist here for a while, but are you really gonna answer his question without bringing up all the concerns floating around right now? It’s a lot of money to give to something that is on shaky ground, to say the least. I mean, is anyone even running the store there? How old was that unboxing video considering they are letting people get charged based on their own release date?

You're right Walmart.ca doesn't say preorder, it says it's shipping, that's not correct.

Edit:

If a store charges for something they can't ship, they have to give a full refund.  Even if they deliver, Walmart still takes returns for a full refund.

About concerns, if the company doesn't get the investment funding and manufacturing credit they are looking for, there is no Amico, and Walmart has nothing to ship.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

You should buy one and give us a review.

• Haha 1

I don't know, but I know investing in Intellivision Entertainment probably makes CENTS....

Because CENTS is all you'll get for the dollars you invested once the bankruptcy court gives you your pro rata equity distribution after the creditors are paid!

???

(I'm joking, of course....

Their debt outweighs their value, and debt must be paid in full before equity gets any distribution under bankruptcy law.

So you'll likely get nothing.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

In case ya missed the sarcasm, laughs, dark humor,  sardonic optimism, etc.   Let me answer your question (so we can get back to the jokes)...

NO!!!!!!

DON'T BUY IT UNTIL IT IS IN STORES WITH GAMES AVAILABLE.*

* A day that may never come.  At this point there is a sliver of hope that this thing gets released,  along with an idea that they may only put out what is necessary to fill pre-orders, with many things including the online store and servers to support it as big question marks.  Now, maybe all will be well and we are just naysayers,...Haters & Trolls...Yeah Maybe,  But waiting until it is out is the only way to be sure.  You could take a chance I guess,  but suppose it doesn't release and they don't refund your money or don't refund your money right away?  Do you really want to go through that?

Now for some homework...It's OK,  it's Fun Reading :)   Please check this out (below)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1