IGNORED

#FujiNet for Apple2 bring-up status report 2022-04-10

tschak909

This is looking great!!

I heard one can repurpose an old Grappler card?  Or similar?  Maybe build a card to work with FujiNet?

That's the piece I will need to get done in the coming months.  Looking forward to this project completing.

Will we get Internet type programming some how like the Atari SIO system does?  N:   I know it won't be like SIO, which is spiffy, and a very nice Atari OS feature!  But maybe the #IN and #PR functions can be employed, or an ampersand "&" hook type thing can be done.  I have an 800 XL and Apple //e I would love to explore using together someday.  No rush.  :D

Hope so.  In any case, thanks for the update.

Edited by potatohead

On 4/12/2022 at 2:43 AM, potatohead said:

This is looking great!!

I heard one can repurpose an old Grappler card?  Or similar?  Maybe build a card to work with FujiNet?

That's the piece I will need to get done in the coming months.  Looking forward to this project completing.

Will we get Internet type programming some how like the Atari SIO system does?  N:   I know it won't be like SIO, which is spiffy, and a very nice Atari OS feature!  But maybe the #IN and #PR functions can be employed, or an ampersand "&" hook type thing can be done.  I have an 800 XL and Apple //e I would love to explore using together someday.  No rush.  :D

Hope so.  In any case, thanks for the update.

Yes, use SoftSP-DIY v2 or v3 with a Grappler+ card.

And, yes, easy network programming is the hallmark of FujiNet. We haven't started working on the network device, but will soon, and part of that process is figuring out how best to hook into BASIC. For machine language, you'd use the SmartPort MLI to do network operations, as it is essentially a SmartPort preipheral. 

-Thom

On 4/13/2022 at 3:35 PM, tschak909 said:

Yes, use SoftSP-DIY v2 or v3 with a Grappler+ card.

And, yes, easy network programming is the hallmark of FujiNet. We haven't started working on the network device, but will soon, and part of that process is figuring out how best to hook into BASIC. For machine language, you'd use the SmartPort MLI to do network operations, as it is essentially a SmartPort preipheral. 

-Thom

An ampersand routine will probably hook into BASIC the way you likely envision.

See the Delores graphics library.  It is an excellent example.

http://www.golombeck.eu/index.php?id=48&L=1