IGNORED

Hatari : Mount directory in windows as a hard disk

Daniel Santos

Hello,

I have an Atari 520 STFM in perfect working condition with a CosmoX connected to the floppy interface, and want to mount a windows directory as a Hard disk in order to transfer files from the hard disk to the floppy images. Then I take the floppy images and load them through the network to the CosmoX and they appear in TOS with the files in them.

Problem : I haven't figured out how to map the directory. I have tried ACSI, SCSI and IDE. when I reboot the emulator it complains of not knowing the size of the directory where the emulator is, although I had configured a different directory. 

Can anyone help me  ?

Thanks,

Regards

What you want is "GEMDOS drive",  it should be the 4th option in the hard disk menu after ACSI, SCSI, and IDE.     

It's pretty simple to set up, just pick the Windows directory to map to,   and it will become your C drive.    You might need to reboot your emulator and add a C drive icon to the desktop if it doesn't automatically appear.

The other options ACSI/SCSI/IDE require a hard disk image which is harder to set up since you will need to install the hard disk drivers on them.     The GEMDOS option doesn't need drivers and is pretty straightforward.