IGNORED

A new controller SECOND BATCH AVAILABLE

tanuki

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

Who would be psycho enough to do that?

Lol... no idea.

But, it would probably be best not to design anything smaller. Dont forget you need an edge to grab when pulling them out. By the looks of the design it might actually work out better than the original controllers.

On 4/21/2022 at 4:03 AM, tanuki said:

Just a pic to show you our progress on our new controller.

Do you like it?

WOW!

I've been using the SNES NTT Data Controller for a while now with my Phoenix, and I can say that having the keypad in the middle makes the games so much more enjoyable.

As to your fire button layout, which one represents the top buttons?

For our emulator, we made the top button larger to help indicate it (and also because it is more often used for fire) - see below.

Perhaps you could do whichever one is the top button in red instead of black?

Screenshot_20220428-140401.jpg

2 hours ago, YannAros said:

We are thinking about adding a pair of those in the package for an additional 25€ fee. They will of course be specifically designed for this purpose!

Lol, I was expecting you to announce "special edition" overlays "compatible" with the new controller.

1 hour ago, bhall408 said:

WOW!

I've been using the SNES NTT Data Controller for a while now with my Phoenix, and I can say that having the keypad in the middle makes the games so much more enjoyable.

As to your fire button layout, which one represents the top buttons?

For our emulator, we made the top button larger to help indicate it (and also because it is more often used for fire) - see below.

Perhaps you could do whichever one is the top button in red instead of black?

Screenshot_20220428-140401.jpg

Having an embossed T (for top) L (for lower left) and R (for lower right) would be a nice touch, too, but then they may need to add tabs so the buttons do not turn in the hole. 

Typically if the game only needs one fire button, then all side buttons are the same, so you can pick the button to use that is more comfy.  It is something some homebrew developers need to remember. 

It is only the games that use two or three different side button actions that the location matters. 

On 4/28/2022 at 3:11 AM, YannAros said:

OverLay.jpg

Have you thought about contacting AtGames and see if it would be a viable option to have them produce the case and keypad for your design?

This is a great design, but using a 3D print is just rough looking no matter how high the quality printer is.  AtGames nailed the look of the original Intv Controller on the Intellivision Flashback.  Perhaps they'd be interested in helping you produce these using your design and the looks of an Intv II controller?

Edited by IMBerzerk

11 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Have you thought about contacting AtGames and see if it would be a viable option to have them produce the case and keypad for your design?

This is a great design, but using a 3D print is just rough looking no matter how high the quality printer is.  AtGames nailed the look of the original Intv Controller on the Intellivision Flashback.  Perhaps they'd be interested in helping you produce these using your design and the looks of an Intv II controller?

A nice idea, but not  something AtGames would be interested in pursuing at this time.

• Thanks 1

Answering to this thread is putting you at the bottom of the already long list (and no the last ones will not be served first, sorry ;-) )

We are evaluating possibilities to produce faster, but we are only a small team and have real jobs beside this.

We will keep you updated of the progress, we are at the moment concentrating on having a first batch finalised.

Edited by YannAros
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YannAros said:

Answering to this thread is putting you at the bottom of the already long list (and no the last ones will not be served first, sorry ;-) )

We are evaluating possibilities to produce faster, but we are only a small team and have real jobs beside this.

We will keep you updated of the progress, we are at the moment concentrating on having a first batch finalised.

Hopefully a second and/or a 3rd batch!

Do you have a count of how many controllers have been reserved already?  (unless that is secret info)

Thanks!