IGNORED

Who's attending PRGE this year?

On 6/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Belsac said:

I am super excited to attend PRGE 2022 after a couple years off.  I want to try all the new Atari homebrew games!  

And there will be a ton there that haven't been to PRGE at all, not just new games that will be released at the show, but all the 2020 and 2021 releases as well!  And demos of new, upcoming games.  :)

On 7/10/2022 at 7:55 AM, swlovinist said:

I will be there and excited to see this year.   I will be helping out with the museum and make sure to check it out!   

Great, look forward to seeing you there! Maybe I'll get to see the museum this year!

15 hours ago, Dionoid said:

I'm also planning to attend this year's PRGE. I've already booked a hotel and I'll be on standby for the long flight from The Netherlands!

@Albert: I'm happy to help with the tear-down on Sunday!

Fantastic news, glad you'll be able to make it from across the pond!  And I'll take any help I can get with tear-down on Sunday, thank you for the offer!

..Al

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 8:45 PM, cmart604 said:

Looking forward to making my annual pilgrimage from our triple Intellivision booth over to see Albert at the AA booth and buying a bunch of 2600 and 7800 games. ?

I know, it feels like it's been forever after the past two years!

..Al

• Like 1

Nobody knows me IRL around here, (maybe just barely) but having been around on the site for years, attending PRGE is one of my bucket list things to do.  Thankfully, I have many years left (I hope) to make that happen.  Sadly, it will not be this year as I just can't afford time off in October.  Still looking forward to making it someday.  I'd be interested in contributing to the show in some way as an AtariAge supporter, but not sure how to do such a thing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

Nobody knows me IRL around here, (maybe just barely) but having been around on the site for years, attending PRGE is one of my bucket list things to do.

I've met a few people from AA, including one of Albert's clones. But I haven't been to a game expo either.

9 hours ago, wongojack said:

Thankfully, I have many years left (I hope) to make that happen.  Sadly, it will not be this year as I just can't afford time off in October.

I'm not sure yet myself. It'd be fun to go, but too many unknowns at the moment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

I've finally been able to confirm that I can attend. ESTA done. 

That's fantastic, look forward to seeing you in Portland!

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

Any hotel recommendations ? I saw the "Inn at the convention centre" and that looked pretty good.

This I cannot offer you help with, I am staying at a friend's house this year and didn't need to research hotels, but hopefully others can chime in.  I know there's a new hotel adjacent to the convention center, but it's probably expensive due to the location.  In the past I have rented houses / condos through VRBO, since it's helpful to have the extra room to assemble games and other tasks I need to take care of before the show.

..Al

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

Any hotel recommendations ? I saw the "Inn at the convention centre" and that looked pretty good.

I'm staying at the Marriott Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center.  It's a short walk from the hotel to the convention center.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

That's great! That reminds me that I have to take care of renewing my ESTA :)

I'm staying at the "Inn at the Convention Center"; it's close and looks good. But I see prices are going up, so better book something soon.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I told my wife yesterday that I intend to attend PRGE this year. I didn't think I could attend this year, but I'm going to find a way. I plan to arrive Friday and hope to meet some folks Friday night. In the past, I had only attended Saturday, so this will be a first for me. And of course, I will be sporting my AtariAge name badge.

• Like 1

I had a choice of travel to London (couple of hours on the train) then fly from Gatwick to Keflavik Iceland, then Keflavik to Portland, total flight time 12hrs 45 mins, or for £50 more I can fly from my local airport (Birmingham) to Amsterdam then AMS to PDX for the same flight time (12:45). I figured the £50 extra was worth it for not having to travel to London.

Strange though, I spend an hour going the wrong direction to AMS instead of an 3 hours layover in Iceland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muddyfunster said:

I had a choice of travel to London (couple of hours on the train) then fly from Gatwick to Keflavik Iceland, then Keflavik to Portland, total flight time 12hrs 45 mins, or for £50 more I can fly from my local airport (Birmingham) to Amsterdam then AMS to PDX for the same flight time (12:45). I figured the £50 extra was worth it for not having to travel to London.

Strange though, I spend an hour going the wrong direction to AMS instead of an 3 hours layover in Iceland.

Yeah, the £50 is definitely worth it if you don't have to take the train to and from London for the trip.  We went through AMS when we flew to Europe back in May, and then went through it at least one more time while we were there (lots of internal flights, we hit 10-11 different countries).  We fortunately managed to avoid the airport when it was super jam packed with people and lots of delays (not sure how often that happens, though). 

Hope you have smooth trips out and back!

..Al

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 11:39 PM, sramirez2008 said:

This shaping up to be a most excellent PRGE. ?

I am a little late to the thread. I was disappointed that many of the old school Atari, Imagic, and Activision programmers are not featured this year, but it looks like that will be made up by AtariAge members. Looking forward to seeing you all. I've had my flight and room booked for a while, but I still have some moving pieces concerning family health needs.  Things seem to be falling into place so far as the day draws closer.

• Like 4