IGNORED

Classic Atari Jaguar Gifs: Tempest 2K, AvP, Checkered Flag

Jag64

Everyone likes gifs, right? Maybe not people with slow internet, but everyone else likes gifs, right? Decided to chop up some clips and make some gifs. Because why not? They're not all the exact same size, because of file size limits. I know; I know. These are as big and long as I can get under 5 mb. "..." - Michael Scott

Tempest 2000

Test.gif.1293e71b3c2c86e7872c787383243146.gif

Alien vs Predator

avp.gif.776e7459cc0c8b7b3321ab1cf7093af6.gif

Checkered Flag

CheckFlag.gif.eee3b01af957783e529822f065ca6c0e.gif

Want more? Want less? Not sure what you want? The world's your oyster ... unless you're allergic to mussels. Then I don't know what to do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

How about a Checkered Flag run where the car just constantly understeers into a wall and flips or crashes into a stationary drone car sitting in the middle of the track and flips. That would more accurately reflect real world gameplay IMHO.

Seriously though, love these, thanks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JagChris said:

Been so long since I played I forgot how rather nice looking checkered flag is.

We really should put some effort into cleaning up and optimizing code for this game. It could be so much better than the original release.

Pie in the sky dream but imagine better frame rate and better draw distance with better controls too. I wonder if we could add rotary controls to it.

...We could call the new release, "Checkered Past".

Edited by alucardX
Adding comment
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alucardX said:

We really should put some effort into cleaning up and optimizing code for this game. It could be so much better than the original release.

Pie in the sky dream but imagine better frame rate and better draw distance with better controls too. I wonder if we could add rotary controls to it.

...We could call the new release, "Checkered Past".

Cyrano J. has already released a patched version of this game that corrects the steering.  It is available as a free download if you have a Skunkboard or Game Drive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joeatari1 said:

Cyrano J. has already released a patched version of this game that corrects the steering.  It is available as a free download if you have a Skunkboard or Game Drive.

I will be checking that out for sure, thanks!!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 8:28 PM, joeatari1 said:

Interesting indeed. Back in the day the box art and my hunger for a virtua racing game on my Jaguar was strong. I was so disappointed with the lack of control back then. Here's hoping the free patched game works on  image.png.15075476c96f2ac3a9dd9525fab8f10b.png.