IGNORED

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...Just talkin' toys now!

eightbit

2 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

Yeah. You would think Hound would be the natural crossover for GI Joe not Bumblebee. 

Speaking of cross-overs, I have Maverick, the F14 Tomcat Transformer-Top Gun "Mash Up."  Very disappointed.  The plastic feels cheap, it feels fragile all over.

5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Speaking of cross-overs, I have Maverick, the F14 Tomcat Transformer-Top Gun "Mash Up."  Very disappointed.  The plastic feels cheap, it feels fragile all over.

I felt the same about the Back to the future Delorean. Still want the ecto-1, but hope the quality is a little better.

8 hours ago, H454 said:

What did think of the lego ecto-1?

Not too shabby.  It feels like an original toy, far, far better in quality than Maverick.  They put some work and thought into this one, not just trying to shovel it out the door.  Transforming is fairly easy and it does not feel like it is going to break during the process.  The one disappointment is the plastic tires -- the little Hot Wheels sitting in front of it in the photo has rubber tires... come on, Hasbro!

Whenever given the chance I pre-order from BBTS. I use them almost exclusively. I like the pile of loot feature which allows you to store your purchases until such time (90 days is what you have) that you decide to release them. Really saves on shipping costs...and gives me time to "make room" in advance for them :)

I also like the fact that you can pre-order anything and you do not pay until it becomes available. And, you can cancel that pre-order while it is in pre-order status at any time.

I pre-ordered the crossover sets not so much because I want the Transformers (although the Megatron HISS is pretty cool) but rather to get ahold of the new o-ring figures. If that is the only way to get these particular figures that will be some BS, but it is Hasbro so I wouldn't put it past them. I had to buy stupid board games just to get some of the Retro Collection Star Wars figures so....

But I have invested into the re-release o-ring Joes in various ways already. I funded the Skystriker and that is coming with a bunch and I have the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow set...and the others on pre-order. I just wanted new o-ring figures, but apparently you pay the price in order to get these re-releases.

Other than that my main collecting drive has be4en primarily the MOTU Origins line for the past few years. I have nearly everything released from that line to date....even all of the Powercon stuff.

• Like 1

I love impulse buys. I will peruse the Matchbox, Hot Wheels and action figure stocks at stores sometimes and will buy a few if they strike my fancy. I just picked up these space mission sets for 50 cents at a yard sale. Never opened but slightly sun faded.

At first I thought bummer the lander is not to proper scale, but it'd be cool to set up a diorama perhaps with the lander in the back and the astronaults and rover in the front, so the lander looks far away.

hotwheels-jpl-sojourner-july-4-1997.png143d99a3-d95b-4876-9e45-5e845a2c0bb5_1.5

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Other than Transformers G1 and original GI Joe's, my other (and actually original) toy passion has been Masters Of The Universe. I had collected those figures since the start. I was around 6 when those came out. 

Over the years they were lost, thrown away, sold, whatever.  So I started collecting them again around 6 or so years ago. And, they just didn't hold up. The rubber bands holding the legs deteriorating and so on. So I sold off what I had and gave up...until...

In 2019 Mattel introduced the "Origins" line. Figures based on the originals but with articulation and none of the rubber band issues. Almost spitting images of the originals but in most cases better. So, hell yeah I was on board.

And, I have been onboard ever since. Some of this stuff is easy to get a hold of, some not so easy. But, I have (currently) almost everything released aside from a few oddball things like a "clear" Skeletor.

I really love the line. Really the greatest stuff ever to come out of MOTU since, well, the original stuff. I just saw this video displaying an upcoming Eternia playset...unreal:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eightbit said:

Preordered this....because I think this is an AWESOME G1 mash up!

Transformers X Tonka Tonkanator Packaging Revealed - Transformers News -  TFW2005

Constructobots?  Tonka and Transformer cross-over... okay, maybe.

My mom found a bunch of broken Star Wars and Transformer cross-over bots at a garage sale.  The only one worth keeping was the Millennium Falcon one, but it is broken, as well, just had all its pieces.

Just now, OLD CS1 said:

Constructobots?  Tonka and Transformer cross-over... okay, maybe.

My mom found a bunch of broken Star Wars and Transformer cross-over bots at a garage sale.  The only one worth keeping was the Millennium Falcon one, but it is broken, as well, just had all its pieces.

It's the same old G1 Devastator mold. But to get maximum value from the mold they decided to mold it in Tonka yellow, rename it, make it an Autobot and sell it again to us. It's lazy, but I have to add it to my collection because Tonka and TF. I don't know what it is but this mix has me. I'll just have to give Hasbro $110 again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:35 PM, eightbit said:

Preordered this....because I think this is an AWESOME G1 mash up!

Damn you for posting that!  I did not need to know about it!  :D

Visiting the local V-Stock a couple weeks ago, looks like someone unloaded their collection.  I managed to keep my wallet secure.  But oh, that boxed Omega Supreme, why must you taunt me?

TFCase.thumb.jpg.a07adcebdf7a7c5c33396f17c68c0164.jpg

3 minutes ago, thanatos said:

Damn you for posting that!  I did not need to know about it!  :D

Visiting the local V-Stock a couple weeks ago, looks like someone unloaded their collection.  I managed to keep my wallet secure.  But oh, that boxed Omega Supreme, why must you taunt me?

TFCase.thumb.jpg.a07adcebdf7a7c5c33396f17c68c0164.jpg

We do not have ANYTHING like that around here! Those are very fair prices too. I have Omega Supreme, although unboxed. And, I had to build him up from pieces purchased one at a time. I imagine I spent more doing that than just buying a nice boxed set like this...provided it is complete. Go get it now!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Omega Supreme, Ultra Magnus, Autobot City... all ones I wanted to get.  But, I got Unicron, and he has to suffice for a while.

I almost went for in 2021....but I passed:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-war-for-cybertron-unicron

Shortly after I saw this selling for $1200 and up.

• Like 1

And for those of us (all two of us probably) that remember Robo Force, modern takes on those figures are on pre-order since Nacelle obtained the rights:

https://nacellestore.com/collections/presale/products/figure-and-t-shirt-bundle-robo-force-very-important-toys-wave-1-the-heroes

I have all of the original figures myself...a few vehicles...a lunchbox...a fanclub kit. Ok, I like the little suction cup dudes :)

More about them for those who do not know what these are:

http://www.i-mockery.com/roboforce/default-ns.htm

• Like 1