IGNORED

Season 20 Round 10 - Adventure Island III

asponge

Someone else took the pic.  They were standing to the side of the TV, hence the stupid angle.  I felt like that scene in Braveheart where I was like "hold.... hold... hold... NOW!" because you can't pause when you beat the final boss, and only have a few seconds before the score disappears and the ending kicks in.

I'm confident I can beat the game consistently now, but not confident on nailing the secrets, so there's still some points to be had.  Not sure if I'm gonna try to snag 'em or leave it alone.  Fun game but I'm a bit sick of it and a run takes me about an hour if all goes well.  Longer if it doesn't and I have to restart.

ADventIsland3.jpg.eb217b8d1cfcaca115b5e3e52040fb32.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

well, I'm off to massacre your score

That's what it's there for, so massacre at will and best of luck!  ?

One tip to help alleviate some stress and annoyance, though -- when you get to the final boss, I'd suggest pausing and taking pic there, before fighting it.   Once you beat the boss, there's no option to pause.    That way, you can easily add 2,000 to the score in the screenshot for the final tally.

Christ on skates this game is boring. not to mention tedious. Whoever programmed those platforms needs to be slapped with a super mario cart.

You barely have enough time to jump before they disappear.

Reminds me of the trade federation platforming levels in Jedi Power Battles

I don't want to play this anymore. It's boring tedious and unfair.

I have an idea for the next game, something we can all play and have fun with: Baseball Simulator 1000

anyway, here's my final score: 

Adventure_island3_004.png

1 hour ago, Frozone212 said:

Christ on skates this game is boring. not to mention tedious. Whoever programmed those platforms needs to be slapped with a super mario cart.

You barely have enough time to jump before they disappear.

Reminds me of the trade federation platforming levels in Jedi Power Battles

I don't want to play this anymore. It's boring tedious and unfair.

I have an idea for the next game, something we can all play and have fun with: Baseball Simulator 1000

I like the first Adventure Island the best. I didn't care for this one.

8 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

You posted another score that is significantly lower than the high that you posted previously without a screenshot. If this is your new high score, then the previous one must’ve had an extra 0 as a typo. 

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I think it'd be fun to play TMNT2 at some point. Maybe not so soon after TMNT3 though.

I'd be up for the first one, too.  But not sure if it's worth the rage, whining, and fit pitching that one would cause  ?

I'm gonna try to take the top spot on Xevious pretty soon.  Be awesome if it found its way into the rotation.   That one's pretty special to me, going back to when I had to stand on a stool (or in a chair) to see the screen on the arcade machine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I'd be up for the first one, too.  But not sure if it's worth the rage, whining, and fit pitching that one would cause  ?

I'm gonna try to take the top spot on Xevious pretty soon.  Be awesome if it found its way into the rotation.   That one's pretty special to me, going back to when I had to stand on a stool (or in a chair) to see the screen on the arcade machine.

My grandmother got me xevious for the GBA, I hated it. Still gives me flashbacks

12 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

My grandmother got me xevious for the GBA, I hated it. Still gives me flashbacks

Ah, you wouldn't like it on the NES, then, unless your tastes have changed since then.   It's the same game, I think.   As in, if I remember right, I think the "GBA version" was just the NES rom and emulation, so literally the same game, and not a port or anything.

2 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

I have an idea for the next game: Tiger-Heli

It's one of the first games I ever played for NES, it's not that hard and it's a lot of fun

Not a bad pick. Either that or Twin Cobra.