IGNORED

Use jzIntvImGui to play Intellivision emulated games on your Fire TV device

In another post here recently I praised jenergy and his awesome program jzIntvImGui which is a great front end gui to use with jzIntv in Windows. The alterations he has made to the code also has made jzIntv even better.  jzIntv is now much easier to use, as you can quickly launch games, easily add kbdhackfiles and parameters for individual games, use external jzIntv versions, as well as take screenshots of games you play that automatically renames them for you and puts them in the right folder all with a single key press.  Since I found it here at AtariAge, it has been my emulator of choice for playing Intellivision games.

https://github.com/jenergy/jzIntvImGui

I had no idea of the potential of his program, however, until I tried the Android version on my 10" tablet. The onscreen controls and how smoothly it ran impressed me so much that I began to think of other things it might be able to do.  Like maybe run on a Fire TV 4K Stick?

Cutting to the chase, I have bought no less than 4 Amazon Firesticks over the years, and I know of various ways of transferring Android apps to a Fire TV device that are not available at the Amazon apps store, so I seemed like the perfect person to see if jzIntvImGui for Android could work on a Fire TV 4K Stick.  After some initial trial and error, and a slight alteration by jenergy to allow it to be installed on older Android versions used on Amazon Firesticks, I can now say without hesitation, it works!

If you are curious about the various options available for playing Intellivision games in 2022, and want to know how you can run Intellivision emulated games from your own Fire TV Stick on your big screen using jzIntvImGui for Android with the sharpest picture you've ever seen for Intellivision games (and it can be run from the cheapest non-4K stick Amazon currently sells, the Fire TV Stick Lite), check out the link below...

larryvgs

Options For Playing Intellivision Games in 2022 Now Includes Fire TV

Edited by larryvgs
  • Like 4

Didn't know there was an Android apk, got it installed, thanks.

Just a few minor things under Android 9.

-tried the jzintv -b option to increase the Intellivision display border;  no error, but no change to the border either

-would be nice if it goes through subdirectories for rom files

-when customising the touchscreen controller, settings are separate for right/left controllers, everything has to be done twice

• Like 1

FWIW, for another option, Argon works on Amazon Fire TV and Tablet if you sideload it. (Photo of it on Amazon tablet below)

(We have a private beta we can add people to if they'd like to get it from the store -- Amazon store doesn't support a public beta at the moment)

We plan to release it on the Amazon store after we get Sign in with Amazon and Sign in with Google working on Amazon. In the meantime, you can sign in with username/password.

PXL_20220515_155555501.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone's been able to get jenergy's jzIntvImGui for Android Intellivision emulator installed on their Fire TV and big screen with the instructions I gave at the start of this post. If you were successful, but are still at a loss how to get modern Bluetooth controllers working with it on Fire TV, I know from experience that learning how to set up a controller in jzIntv can be both confusing and a challenge. So with that being said...

I now have kbdhackfile configs for jzIntvImGui that work with the XBox Core Wireless Controller, the 8BitDo Pro 2, and the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for over 50 Intellivision game roms and over 20 homebrew roms. I've always wanted to play Intellivision games with a modern controller on my 55 inch screen and thanks to jenergy I'm now doing it. Just place them in the Configs directory in jzIntvImGui, read the instructions in the config, and you're set.

So if you are interested, just message me, tell me what games you are interested in and what controller you have, and I'll be happy to share so you don't have to go through the trouble of making your own configs for jzIntv.

(For Windows 10/11 also if you only want to play on the computer.)

Intellivision still rocks in 2022!

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2022 at 12:44 PM, larryvgs said:

Just curious if anyone's been able to get jenergy's jzIntvImGui for Android Intellivision emulator installed on their Fire TV and big screen with the instructions I gave at the start of this post. If you were successful, but are still at a loss how to get modern Bluetooth controllers working with it on Fire TV, I know from experience that learning how to set up a controller in jzIntv can be both confusing and a challenge. So with that being said...

I now have kbdhackfile configs for jzIntvImGui that work with the XBox Core Wireless Controller, the 8BitDo Pro 2, and the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for over 50 Intellivision game roms and over 20 homebrew roms. I've always wanted to play Intellivision games with a modern controller on my 55 inch screen and thanks to jenergy I'm now doing it. Just place them in the Configs directory in jzIntvImGui, read the instructions in the config, and you're set.

So if you are interested, just message me, tell me what games you are interested in and what controller you have, and I'll be happy to share so you don't have to go through the trouble of making your own configs for jzIntv.

(For Windows 10/11 also if you only want to play on the computer.)

Intellivision still rocks in 2022!

Hello, it's August 25, 2023. I have just completed a successful install of jzIntvImGui on Fire OS 7.6.4.6. I was unable to connect using Adblink so I installed MiXplorer on my new Fire Stick 4k Max and did the install with it. I used the Fire OS 7 config file for 4 x 3 aspect and the kdbhackfile for a wireless Xbox controller graciously provided by larryvgs. It works perfectly! Thanks to larryvgs and the wonderful Intellivision community.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, bhall408 said:

FWIW, for another option, Argon works on Amazon Fire TV and Tablet if you sideload it. (Photo of it on Amazon tablet below)

(We have a private beta we can add people to if they'd like to get it from the store -- Amazon store doesn't support a public beta at the moment)

We plan to release it on the Amazon store after we get Sign in with Amazon and Sign in with Google working on Amazon. In the meantime, you can sign in with username/password.

PXL_20220515_155555501.jpg

Should have updated this, but we've been live on Amazon store since January.

So you can play on Fire TV, Fire Stick and Fire Tablets.

Since I last wrote, we re-did the UI (it is more like Netflix/Spotify now) and added PICO-8, GB, GBC and GBA games.

The direct link is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YF53BJQ

We're also on Google Play and Microsoft Win11 App Store.

• Like 4