Jump to content
IGNORED

Please test: FG99 firmware for both non-QI and QI


JJB

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd report an update. I picked up a QI machine and finally had time to repair it (a bad OS ROM, MSByte). This machine does not have the 2.2 version, just the standard version in the black and silver (b/s) consoles. The 1.Q update is working well. I tested about 15 cartridges and all worked perfectly, and all operations have been stable. The intermittent issue that the SD card in not selected at power-up is the same as I experience on the b/s consoles; on certain SD cards/finalgrom combinations you must press the FinalGrom reset to get the menu to show up after the power is turned on.

 

Thanks @JJB for the effort to produce 1.Q. It is much appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Mark

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 11/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, mvancopp said:

on certain SD cards/finalgrom combinations you must press the FinalGrom reset to get the menu to show up after the power is turned on.

 

 

Indeed. I have dozens of SD cards here from 2GB to 32GB, from Sandisk to Toshiba to Kingston to Apacer...to..you get it. And they ALL require the reset as you describe, all but one. One Adata crappy 2GB card does not. 

 

Any idea why this is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, eightbit said:

 

Indeed. I have dozens of SD cards here from 2GB to 32GB, from Sandisk to Toshiba to Kingston to Apacer...to..you get it. And they ALL require the reset as you describe, all but one. One Adata crappy 2GB card does not. 

 

Any idea why this is?

I have numerous 256MB SanDisks, and a 1GB SanDisk, which do not perform this way.  I do, however, have a 2GB and an 8GB SanDisk which both behave in this manner.  Conclude what you will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I have numerous 256MB SanDisks, and a 1GB SanDisk, which do not perform this way.  I do, however, have a 2GB and an 8GB SanDisk which both behave in this manner.  Conclude what you will.

 

Thanks for the heads up! I have to dig around for some smaller cards. I usually find them in old cameras at Goodwill ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...