IGNORED

Atari800 v5.0.0 released

HiassofT

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Well done Baktra, I must admit that I don't use the emulator that much as I find the interface so annoying but on the other hand I do love seeing another great emulator evolving

I do like the interface, because it can be operated fast with keyboard, yet I realize that there is not so much use for the Windows binaries when there is Altirra.

However, atari800 is a blessing for non-windows platforms. There are also still lovers of Atari800WinPlus, such as Fandal.

Edited by baktra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, baktra said:

I do like the interface, because it can be operated fast with keyboard, yet I realize that there is not so much use for the Windows binaries when there is Altirra.

However, atari800 is a blessing for non-windows platforms. There are also still lovers of Atari800WinPlus, such as Fandal.

Same here,  it lets you quickly change things.   I like to run my emulators full-screen for immersion and a lot of mouse driven UIs don't work well in that kind of environment depending on how they are implemented

6 hours ago, baktra said:

I do like the interface, because it can be operated fast with keyboard, ...

4 hours ago, zzip said:

Same here,  it lets you quickly change things.

Me too, for the same reason - I find it much quicker than a windows interface.  I really like the 8 bit style as well.

Ok, I've softened a bit. I believe there is no harm in making windows binaries of an open source project accessible.

Please mind the following:

1. The binaries are to be considered provisional and are not sanctioned by the atari800 project

2. Microsoft Windows 7 and above are required.

3. Switching on the full screen hardware acceleration is recommended for resolutions around and above HD Ready.

4. The binaries are 32-bit for maximum compatibility

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iZ2fjXjRBzRWAtwshUWFr3vE3gxxZNS7/view?usp=sharing

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 2:33 PM, zzip said:

Same here,  it lets you quickly change things.   I like to run my emulators full-screen for immersion and a lot of mouse driven UIs don't work well in that kind of environment depending on how they are implemented

Also Altirra drops out of fullscreen at random, always has on ANY windows box I use it on, and so in my use case (launching games through Launchbox FE on a large TV) Atari800 is super useful, I use Altirra just for those games that need frame blending or VBXE (and map a joypad button to FS toggle for when it drops out)

I also find the UI of Atari800 UI really easy to navigate using a joypad bound to keys with Xpadder, when I need to tweak setting from the couch!

The video output settings are also really simple and rather nice in Atari800 so it's easy on a per game basis to setup a "use as much screen as possible without stretching the image"  setting...

sTeVE

And I forgot to mention that you can now specify memory over 320KB from the command line, the switches -576XE and -1088XE now exist.

The switches -stereo and -nostereo which only used to work on some builds now work on linux and Mac builds too. For some reason they don't appear in the --usage page though.